Why doesn't Safari download sites completely?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Why doesn't save images or certain parts of layout like tables for example? Also when I downloaded "Endoftheworld.swf" which is SO funny!, the Flash animation only opened in IE, not Safari, curiously. Even though I saved it in Safari.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I've noticed that a lot of Flash is... odd... in Safari. Things like having to hit reload after going to a Flash site, before it will play.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    Downloading a website is an interesting feature, but I doubt it's something they're going to roll into Safari. Seems they're trying to keep it as a simple web browser, not a download manager.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Saving a site locally and correctly is important.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    i was just gonna post the same question
  • Reply 5 of 7
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Hmmm, yes Safari is still a strange beast.

Still a lot of improvements to be done...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Why doesn't save images or certain parts of layout like tables for example?

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. Safari doesn't download *anything* when you choose Save aside from the page HTML/XHTML/whatever itself. Safari doesn't do whole site downloads. If anything linked to your downloaded page actually displays, you're just lucky and those elements must be hard-linked or using a base href URL.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    This is my biggest beef with Safari.

I'd 'like' to have my mail/page/whatever saved with everything intact, not in a seperate 'asset' folder. Even Camino works like this. To get my Heavy mail or the like saved I've got to open up goddamn IE and save it. It truly irks me.