What's the grossest thing you have ever done?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
this is inspired by a post made by ProtoDAda, which says:

that above remark coming from a "resident psychologist" is "gross." i was just wonderwing if others had similar experience as mine, or my roommate and i just happened to purchase two "lemons." thanks! i am sure we do lots of things more "gross" than sharing in-ear headphones that's been cleaned, with someone i know...

so, i'm wondering, what is the grossest thing you have ever done?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 37
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Gross by our standards, or someone else's?
  • Reply 2 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Gross by our standards, or someone else's?

lol you decide
  • Reply 3 of 37
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    well, there's limits to what i'd post online. and pretty much anything here that would qualify would be well beyond those limits.
  • Reply 4 of 37
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Well, I once roomed with a good friend who is a germophobe. (Poor guy was raised by a mother who was a public health official... he never had a chance.)

Let's just say I'm not.

I'm 6'3", so kitchen counters are just about tush-high on me, so I tend to find myself sitting on them a lot. They're just comfy that way. Or I'm weird that way. Either one, take your pick.

So one day I'd been out working out in the pool, and come in to make some lunch. A sandwich is made, I'm consuming it sitting on the counter kickin' my heels back a bit, just enjoying my lunch, when he walks in.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

"*mrfle*?"

"What are you doing *SITTING* on the kitchen counter?!?"

"Oh, that. It's okay, I'm wearing shorts this time."

He bleached the entire kitchen.

Okay, so it's not gross, but *HE* thought it was.
  • Reply 5 of 37
    well, alot of my stories i wouldn't be able 2 post without heavy censorship , so, here's a friends:

when he was a little kid, he was playing with a matchbox car in the bathroom, while taking care of business, and it dropped in the toilet after he had already dumped in it, and he had to reach in and grab it cuz he didn't want to flush it down the toilet (i think it was made of plastic or sumthing)

hehe
  • Reply 6 of 37
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I ate at Taco Bell once. I know, you didn't want to get too disgusting in this thread. Sorry.
  • Reply 7 of 37
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    mattjohndrow: I know of such a story too... only it involved a cell phone... right murbot?
  • Reply 8 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I ate at Taco Bell once. I know, you didn't want to get too disgusting in this thread. Sorry.

dude, that is just gross, hehe, i ate there a few times, liked the chalupa
  • Reply 9 of 37
    When I went on a school trip to Madrid, there was this really messy and squirmy kid called Matias. He was like beyond messiness. He'd come to class with his shirt back to front and dirty ripped up pants and his brothers shoes that didn't fit him. His hair was always messy and his handwriting was disgusting and he would write letters backwards and put 3 curls on the m.

anyway, we made him pick up a piece of dog shit and put it on his head and have him squash it so it would become flat.

It was pretty gross cause the shit went under his nails and stuff.
  • Reply 10 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

When I went on a school trip to Madrid, there was this really messy and squirmy kid called Matias. He was like beyond messiness. He'd come to class with his shirt back to front and dirty ripped up pants and his brothers shoes that didn't fit him. His hair was always messy and his handwriting was disgusting and he would write letters backwards and put 3 curls on the m.

anyway, we made him pick up a piece of dog shit and put it on his head and have him squash it so it would become flat.

The gross thing about this story is the fact that you and your classmates likely found this hilarious.
  • Reply 11 of 37
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

I for one am really impressed with your story. Kudos for being such a swell guy.

If I picked on some kid and made him squish shit into his hair, I'd probably NOT post it here, but hey, that's just me.

Did you let him use your bidet afterwards?
  • Reply 12 of 37
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

His hair was always messy and his handwriting was disgusting and he would write letters backwards and put 3 curls on the m.

what a bunch of assholes.
  • Reply 13 of 37
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    If only I weren't Canadian, I would have just written that, alcimedes.

• Reply 14 of 37
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    When I was young and single I once had a 'maggot farm'.

I had reheated leftover pasta with mushroom sauce in the microwave and completely forgot about it for weeks. When I went to go reheat something else I discovered a shitload of maggots feasting on my once-pasta. So I shut the door and gave them a good 5 minute zap of radiation. Pleased with myself, I promptly forgot about them. A couple of weeks later...the same discovery and same cure. This went on for a few months, until the stench of rotting maggot carcasses blowing out the back fan was too much to bear.

It was a sad day when finally I duct taped the microwave shut and tossed it in the dumpster...liquid mushroom-maggot dripping out like blood.
  • Reply 15 of 37
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

mattjohndrow: I know of such a story too... only it involved a cell phone... right murbot?

That reminds me, my girlfriend's friend did that. She knocked her phone in the toilet after she had done her business and than fished it out. But it didn't work anymore.
  • Reply 16 of 37
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

when he was a little kid, he was playing with a matchbox car in the bathroom, while taking care of business, and it dropped in the toilet after he had already dumped in it, and he had to reach in and grab it cuz he didn't want to flush it down the toilet (i think it was made of plastic or sumthing)

I would have just gotten a garbage bag and created a large disposable glove to get it with. Pull it inside-out and no doo doo water gets touched.
  • Reply 17 of 37
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

When I was young and single I once had a 'maggot farm'.

I had reheated leftover pasta with mushroom sauce in the microwave and completely forgot about it for weeks. When I went to go reheat something else I discovered a shitload of maggots feasting on my once-pasta. So I shut the door and gave them a good 5 minute zap of radiation. Pleased with myself, I promptly forgot about them. A couple of weeks later...the same discovery and same cure. This went on for a few months, until the stench of rotting maggot carcasses blowing out the back fan was too much to bear.

It was a sad day when finally I duct taped the microwave shut and tossed it in the dumpster...liquid mushroom-maggot dripping out like blood.

Wow. That really IS gross. Bleehhh!

Okay, I'll tell you the grossest story I ever heard. It was told in class by one of my students.

I guess someone died in a trailer at a trailer park, in the heat of the summer, but no one knew about it. Finally the police were called by the manager. Rather than break the door down, the police officer crawled in through a window. Apparently the dead person had swelled up and had exploded all over the trailer. Much of the matter had turned to slime, which the police officer slipped in as soon as he tried to stand on the floor. The person's dog had been eating exploded bits, and I think the dog had died too, but can't really remember.

The exploding and the slime were bad enough, but the thought that the police officer had fallen in all that stuff....omg.

Another story, apparently true, also told by one of my students. Someone killed all the people in a house, cut up the body parts, and hung them on various ceiling fans throughout the house, then turned the fans on for the police to find.

I know these aren't things I've done, but I don't remember doing anything all that gross. I took some kids backpacking once. We made jello by putting a pan in the stream. Small ants got into the jello. The kids were all going eeewwww, and didn't want to eat the jello even if we picked the ants out. (There were only about 12 ants). So to show them what chickens they were, I ate a few spoonfuls with live ants in them. Didn't bother me in the least. Not gross, I know. After a person spends enough time backpacking, they don't worry too much about dirt on such trips anymore. You become one with the earth.

I thought of another story. My ex and I were travelling to Guatemala by car. We stopped in Palenque, a Mayan ruin, and encountered a Swiss backpacker there. He was living off the land, so to speak, eating food from roadside stands, mostly fruits and vegetables. He said for protein, he would take a live beetle, pull the legs off, and swallow it down with water. I asked why he pulled the legs off. He said, so the bug couldn't run back up his throat. (I imagine that must have happened to him at least once. hehehe.) And why a whole beetle? Well, would you really want to chew one?
  • Reply 18 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

I know these aren't things I've done, but I don't remember doing anything all that gross.

Hmm...I seem to remember a panties over the hose incident...

Sicko.

I joke! Please don't rap my knuckles with that ruler.
  • Reply 19 of 37
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

That reminds me, my girlfriend's friend did that. She knocked her phone in the toilet after she had done her business and than fished it out. But it didn't work anymore.

This lady's dog swallowed her diamond ring. So to retrieve it, they had to go through the dog's deposits with large spoons, smushing, smushing; or even with their fingers.

I imagine they wore rubber gloves, but who knows.

The same dog supposedly ate most of a plastic cleaners' bag, but the dog couldn't pass it. So the owner had to reach inside the dog, get hold of the plastic, and pull it out. I think I saw this on Animal Planet - on the emergency vets segments.

The same dog ate a steak knife. They showed the X-ray with the knife lengthwise inside the dog. Can't remember how they got the knife out. Did anyone see that episode?
  • Reply 20 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

This lady's dog swallowed her diamond ring. So to retrieve it, they had to go through the dog's deposits with large spoons, smushing, smushing; or even with their fingers.

I imagine they wore rubber gloves, but who knows.

Oog. When I was around 6 or so I swallowed a quarter and had to do the same thing. My mother would lay out newspaper next to the toilet, I'd squat and do my thing, then squash through it with a fork (never to be used again, of course) hoping the little coin would find its passage out.

It did eventually...rainbowed by stomach acid. It was 'pretty' and I still have it 30 years later.