Where can I download more RAM for my computer?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Any good sites that I can download some RAM from? My computer tells me i'm low on memory. Thanks in advance
AdamThomas

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Ummmm...download? RAM isn't downloadable, it's an actual physical thing.

You can BUY ram from sites like these:

Crucial

DealRam
  • Reply 2 of 25
    spcmsspcms Posts: 407member
    I don't understand
  • Reply 3 of 25
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    That would be illegal. Downloading RAM is stealing. Lots of people work to make RAM, and now you want to steal from them by downloading it.
  • Reply 4 of 25
    But i didn't download anything yet
  • Reply 5 of 25
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Not yet, but you want to.

And I think this thread should be locked, because AI shouldn't be a place where people discuss illegally downloading RAM.
  • Reply 6 of 25
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
  • Reply 7 of 25
    You are not beeing very helpfull here
  • Reply 8 of 25
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Listen.

You can't download RAM. RAM is physical piece of equipment that is loaded into a slot inside your machine. You can not download it. It must be purchased and physically installed into your computer.
  • Reply 9 of 25
    But once i got an email that offered to double the speed of my computer... I can not find it right away, but wouldn't that help?

Or is RAM something different?
  • Reply 10 of 25
    hmm.. is this a joke?

yes... RAM is a physical little chip usually green you put inside the computer in a special slot... the email you got... spam
  • Reply 11 of 25
    machemmachem Posts: 319member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SpcMs

But once i got an email that offered to double the speed of my computer... I can not find it right away, but wouldn't that help?

Or is RAM something different?

Depending on how hard you toss it, you can double the speed of your computer w/o adding RAM....
  • Reply 12 of 25
    ram_-_the most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on; an integrated circuit memory chip allows information to be stored or accessed in any order and all storage locations are equally accessible

www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webw
  • Reply 13 of 25
    It is for playing some movies i found on the world wide web.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    OK. I'm going to assume that you are my mother-in-law, because she asks me stuff like this constantly.

'RAM' is a physical, tiny and wonderful 'product'. You've got exactly 1 in your computer right now. There are a couple of little slots inside you computer for more. Up to 3 or 4 usually. More RAM = more happy computer.

The same goes for MB or GB. You have only a certain amount of hard drive space inside your computer. Too add more you need to physically install a new hard drive.

Available MB or GB is not the same thing as available RAM.

What machine have you got? How much RAM is in it currently? We can help.
  • Reply 15 of 25
    sure RAM helps to speed it up a lot... but its a stick you put inside your computer...
  • Reply 16 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by SpcMs

It is for playing some movies i found on the world wide web.

Ok... guys... looks like thread is not serious
  • Reply 17 of 25
    It's just someone being a ****stick.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    wow this is great

ok i'm sorry. ram is like a hard drive. not really, but just go with that for now. you cant do anything electronic to gain ram.. you have to buy it and install it. its hardware. just to repeat myself, i was using the hard drive analogy only as a tool. hard drives and ram are two different things, but theyre both hardware.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    yea ,dude watch where you ask to download ram dont you know its against the law!

An engine of war used for butting or battering. Specifically: (a) In ancient warfare, a long beam suspended by slings in a framework, and used for battering the walls of cities; a battering-ram. (b) A heavy steel or iron beak attached to the prow of a steam war vessel for piercing or cutting down the vessel of an enemy; also, a vessel carrying such a beak.

but your probably looking fot this.

RAM= Random Access Memory

the most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on; an integrated circuit memory chip allows information to be stored or accessed in any order and all storage locations are equally accessible

someone correct me if im wrong

find RAM here http://www.4allmemory.com
  • Reply 20 of 25
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    What type of computer do you have, there are different types of ram, each computer has DIMMs of RAM.

Better explanation then I could give... http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/R/RAM.html