$1million to AI

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Here Is How We Get It

Kickaha you create a program to encrypt using that encryption and then we will look for similarities between different things until we find out the complex algorithms. We will all send our computers to Murbot (who they were probably his at one time anyway) and then we can use xGrid to run Kickaha's program and we can have it solved by the weeks end!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Well, if my calculations are correct, (unless Brad took it all for the good of AI) each member would get $72.74 USD...not a whole lot, but I say we go for it...or just pay out to the members with 1,000+ posts. Than some of us would be in the money.

Calculations based on 13,746 AI members @ 10:22 CDT Wednesday, January 21, 2004.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Haha, yes by post count!

...I think we'd find admins upping their post counts a bit
  • Reply 3 of 8
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Argh... I better post a few more times...

Meh, not all 13k members would donate their computers. Just divvy it up for those who donate cycles.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Well, if my calculations are correct, (unless Brad took it all for the good of AI) each member would get $72.74 USD...not a whole lot, but I say we go for it...or just pay out to the members with 1,000+ posts. Than some of us would be in the money.

Calculations based on 13,746 AI members @ 10:22 CDT Wednesday, January 21, 2004.

Please don't give me a reason to spam the forums... you know I will.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

Please don't give me a reason to spam the forums... you know I will.

Please don't give me a reason to drop your post count to zero... you know I will.

Anyway, it would be nice to see a million dollars for AppleInsider. Maybe then we could finally wrestle the server away from Monish and Neal.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Yes my fine fellows, what a splendid scheme!

Isn't somebody supposed to burst out in maniacal laughter?

• Reply 7 of 8
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    We could just find a prime number over 10 Million digits... you never know the first number the computer tries could be it
  • Reply 8 of 8
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Actually I was reading (trying to understand, but I was lost) an article about these indian scientists that found a lot more efficient way to check REALLY large prime numbers. But when they use math symbols you've never seen before it's normally over your head