Mannequinipples?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just walked by a clothing shop here in town, and they have new mannequins in the window with the biggest frickin' pointy nipples I think I've ever seen on plastic or flesh. (We're talking 1" high here, folks.) It was... disturbing.

So I put it to you, the viewing audience... how do you feel about sexual attributes on clothing dummies, particularly those without arms or legs?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I say we start a new sub-forum for nipple threads.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    The breasts in general are getting larger and firmer. Damn, there are some hot friggin' mannequins out there!
  • Reply 3 of 14
    I just hope things don't get out of hand that we start seeing nipples on superhero costumes!

What? Oh, nevermind...
  • Reply 4 of 14
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

The breasts in general are getting larger and firmer. Damn, there are some hot friggin' mannequins out there!

How do you know they're getting firmer?
  • Reply 5 of 14
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I noticed this when I walked through a clothing store a couple days ago. I think it was Mervyn's or something. It was disturbing that EVERY female mannequin had these huge nipples poking out of her shirt. I could understand a small, subtle amount of nippage on some of them just for effect or "realism," but this is just grotesque.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Haven't seen any yet and I hope I don't.

I'm sure I'll chip a tooth.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Just walked by a clothing shop here in town, and they have new mannequins in the window with the biggest frickin' pointy nipples I think I've ever seen on plastic or flesh. (We're talking 1" high here, folks.) It was... disturbing.

So I put it to you, the viewing audience... how do you feel about sexual attributes on clothing dummies, particularly those without arms or legs?

Maybe those 1-inch pointy nipples are intended as extra places to hang hangers in the store window. hahaha Kind of 'commercial multi-tasking'.......

Actually, such prominent nipples would detract from the clothing display, I would imagine. Who would even notice what the mannequin had on? Not the smartest way to sell clothes, if that's the intention.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Haven't seen any yet and I hope I don't.

I'm sure I'll chip a tooth.

• Reply 9 of 14
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

Maybe those 1-inch pointy nipples are intended as extra places to hang hangers in the store window. hahaha Kind of 'commercial multi-tasking'.......

Wouldn't male mannequins be more effective for that??

Quote:

Actually, such prominent nipples would detract from the clothing display, I would imagine. Who would even notice what the mannequin had on? Not the smartest way to sell clothes, if that's the intention.

Oh, I dunno. Instant "Ook. Looks nummy. Buy for SO." response in guys...
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Wouldn't male mannequins be more effective for that??

Oh, I dunno. Instant "Ook. Looks nummy. Buy for SO." response in guys...

They sure would be - if the store owner didn't mind counting his profits from his jail cell. (This IS repressed, Puritan America, after all, unfortunately . )
  • Reply 11 of 14
    unrealistic body images presented to the sometimes prudish public?

certainly clothing shops aimed at anybody below age 24 are "up front" with mannequinipples

the mannequirack itself is impressively anti-gravity and cone firm in a lolitalike way

but these are the same mannequimidriffs with lowriders (but no mannequibuttcrack)

that said, I have seen more mannequicameltoe in the last few years

never seen a mannequimanhood with similar prominence on his package.

mannequiwood? mannequiboner? heh heh heh heh </beavis>

even most 'adult' shops rarely hint at more than barbie/ken doll detail in the window.

not like I'm an expert or regular visitor or anything...

I did see some TeeVee on the evolution of mannequin making over the years and the mass production of a handful of bodyforms (which have been gradually changing, but are still based on body casts of about a dozen women).

Modern 3D scanners can create more accurate casts, but for production and transport ease, mannequins aren't shaped to mimic people, they're shaped to suggest people.

Nipples are very suggestive.

OT: spellcheck hates the creative word fusions in this thread. I dig some of them.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

How do you know they're getting firmer?

I mean there is no longer the normal amount of "gravity effect" on said breasts. They give the appearance of great firmness, though I have not yet had the cahonies to actually fondle any at the mall.

• Reply 13 of 14
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    now this is the type of thread i like seeing in AO...

the ones i find more disturbing are the really hot body ones that have no heads nor hands....what's up with that??

i mean, if they made headless and handless blow up dolls, murbot would be very sad

g
  • Reply 14 of 14
    what's the big deal? what's the novelty?

We've had em in Europe since for ever (at least ever since 1990, which was when I went there)

good thing the americans are catching up!