HALO for Mac

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So I bought HALO for 50$ with Fed Ex international shipping costing me another 53$ . While I wait for the software to arrive, has anyone else here played it? Whats the verdict? I have a 17inch iMac (1.25GHZ) with a 1GB of RAM.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    rewesrewes Posts: 40member
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

So I bought HALO for 50$ with Fed Ex international shipping costing me another 53$ . While I wait for the software to arrive, has anyone else here played it? Whats the verdict? I have a 17inch iMac (1.25GHZ) with a 1GB of RAM.

I have it on my 15" AlBook and it playes pretty well. Anti-aliasing doesn´t seem to work at all. 800x600 resolution is also the only one that seems to be playable,though I only have 256mb of memory. It´s far better on XBox but the Mac version is also ok.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I have it on a G5 1.8 with the standard Geforce 5200 Ultra, and it plays pretty well when everything is maxed out. But there are visual bugs; you can see needler shots and flashlights behind walls. The Master Chief's helmet doesn't reflect. Actually, nothing reflects; you need a card that can render specular, like the 9800, to have graphics that rival the Xbox's in every detail.

But it's still a beautiful, well-crafted game to the finest detail.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Hm, Halo was pretty slow (outdoor scenes) on a Dual 2 G5 with Radeon 9600, all options maxed out (except for anti aliasing), so pixel shaders were enabled (which gives master chief a gold reflective visor). But it's quite fast on a Dual 2 G5 without pixel shaders.

Runs decently on a Dual 1.25 G5/Radeon 9000 too, except for large outdoor scenes and when lots of blood/enemies are on the ground.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    My Dual 1Ghz G4 and GF4Ti runs Halo at 1024x850 with pixel shaders, with totally playable fps all the time (in multiplayer)... I'm very pleased with its performance.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I think the new patch fixes graphics issues with NVIDIA cards. On a note, I was forced to go out today when I knew the courier would come in. As expected, I have to wait for another delivery attempt by Fed Ex. *dumb rage*
  • Reply 6 of 6
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Correct, some nVidia cards now support shaders due to the 1.03 update. However, another graphics patch will be out soon to solve the active comoflauge (which is bright white not 'invisible) and the zooms on all weapons (where it is impossible to see a thing).