Congratulate me. I'm a Marine!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey, ¿miss me? I just got home from boot camp and i am on boot leave.

Please use this thread to discuss everything that has happened in the last three months because i have been a little uninformed.

Semper Fidelis.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Wow, dude! So did you gain a lot of muscle weight after bootcamp?
  • Reply 2 of 25
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nx7oe

Hey, ¿miss me? I just got home from boot camp and i am on boot leave.

Please use this thread to discuss everything that has happened in the last three months because i have been a little uninformed.

Semper Fidelis.

Congratulations, Marine. I am proud of you. You don't know me, because I've only been around here for a few weeks. But I appreciate the fact that you want to serve your country and dedicate yourself to protecting all of us. Thank you for that, and I wish you all the best in your military career.

Sincerely,

Carol

PS There are some interesting threads for you to catch up on. hehehe. One on bidets and full-service toilet seats. But you'll have to see for yourself, since they're a little hard to describe (or believe, in some cases!!!) Semper Fi !
  • Reply 3 of 25
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    You are now part of the best fighting force we have.
  • Reply 4 of 25
    nx7oenx7oe Posts: 198member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

Wow, dude! So did you gain a lot of muscle weight after bootcamp?

Not Really, But I did lose 40 pounds
  • Reply 5 of 25
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Congratulations, MARINE! All of my respect.

What will your MOS be?

Aries 1B
  • Reply 6 of 25
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Now drop and give me 20 SCUMBAG!
  • Reply 7 of 25
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Congratulations!

I understand that diet kicks the Atkins right up the cat flap.

Be sure to fight for right and freedom and keep your honor clean!!

I'll be happy to find our streets guarded by the United States Marines!

Hoo-rah!
  • Reply 8 of 25
    Congrats!

Where's LoCash when you need him?

My girlfriend's dad is a marine. Master gunnery sergeant. He's a cool guy. Just remember to leave the attitude at the base and you can be a cool guy like him.
  • Reply 9 of 25
    Congratulations man, I didnt know they stacked shit that high? Seriously though, thank you.
  • Reply 10 of 25
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    awesome!

i here boot camp is a life changing experience, i can't imagine.

out of curiosity, what have been your fellow campers opinion wrt the war? i imagine plenty support it, but at the same time it has seemed an increasing amount of military have spoken against it.

anyhow, i think it is awesome you have found something so noble to dedicate yourself to...congrats!
  • Reply 11 of 25
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Congrats!

It's all uphill from here!

Seriously, kudos on passing the entry exam to your new career...
  • Reply 12 of 25
    Congratulations...and thank you.

And yeah, the bidet thread is definitely worth a look. And don't forget to catch up on all the new hardware/software out recently from Apple. It is good times.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    nx7oenx7oe Posts: 198member
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

awesome!

i here boot camp is a life changing experience, i can't imagine.

out of curiosity, what have been your fellow campers opinion wrt the war? i imagine plenty support it, but at the same time it has seemed an increasing amount of military have spoken against it.

\\

Marines have been hoping that the war In Iraq finishes soon....To get started in Korea.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Good work, lad. Just remember to vote for Clark and not Bush... and don't be too eager to "get to work" in Korea, unless "getting to work" means deterring a war by visibility of force. As a citizen under your protection and also just a fellow American, I'd rather your tour in said country be "boring" rather than not, if you take my meaning.

• Reply 15 of 25
    xypexype Posts: 672member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nx7oe

\\

Marines have been hoping that the war In Iraq finishes soon....To get started in Korea.

Motivation is nice, but I think Korea might have a better prepared army than ole Iraq had. Unless the US wants to sanction the people there for 10 years before entering as well.

Dunno how manly one can feel after winning a war against starved people. But then, the US had no balls to enter Serbia either, just bombed them. Hooray.
  • Reply 16 of 25
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Goodluck Marine!

Watch your back... and get body armor!
  • Reply 17 of 25
    Serbia deserved it. Why do it with ground troops when jets can do the trick?
  • Reply 18 of 25
    xypexype Posts: 672member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

Serbia deserved it. Why do it with ground troops when jets can do the trick?

Well, bomb North Korea then, they deserve it too.

Besides, Serbia was bombed quite a while _after_ the mess started around 1991, again the US waiting till "teh evil ones" are all drained out and dropping a few bombs proclaiming how they "got teh victoly!", saving the poor people from Milosevic's regime-o-terror. Never mind the genocide happening the years before without anyone moving a finger.

Oh, wait, there is no oil in Serbia, my mistake.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    OH and what was Austria doing to stop the genocide? Or any of Europe for that matter?

Calling the US cowards for not sending in ground troops is silly.
  • Reply 20 of 25
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Hey, can we move this ax grinding digression to another topic? This topic should be kept merry, because we are welcoming back a fellow AI member. Can we do that?

Besides, remotely inferring that a marine is a coward is not smart.