cnn poll... go vote for macs!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
at cnn.com theres a poll to see how many pc vs. mac fans there are. go help out the real winner!

http://www.cnn.com

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    lol. I voted for the mac, but we are badly outnumbered by the zerglings. This poll is going to be SOOOO one-sided, heh heh.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    but we have more than 5% right now
  • Reply 3 of 14
    voted mac, at 17% now the number of mac fans seem to be more aggressive then pc users. the 17% is much more then the 2% of macs in the world. pc-ers have 98% of the world market, but only 80% show up
  • Reply 4 of 14
    lol i just realized how they worded the choices:

Mac FAN

PC PERSON

• Reply 5 of 14
    OMG yea... are they insinuating something?
  • Reply 6 of 14
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    It irks me to constantly see references to there being a difference between a Macintosh (personal computer) and a "PC", which this poll implies. It helps Windows diehards/blowhards with their argument that the Macintosh isn't fit to be called a computer.

But then again, I guess there are Mac supporters out there who like the idea of Macintosh being a status symbol. Would you rather use a computer or use a Mac?

Still, the Mac is more of a personal computer than any box that happens to run Windows. (Er, I guess Macs can do that too, so let's say "any box that comes with Windows as the default OS.")
  • Reply 7 of 14
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Well.....even we are outnumbers.....we have 15%+, that's better than 2%, 3% anyway
  • Reply 8 of 14
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    The consumer market share is better than the overall 3% isn't it?
  • Reply 9 of 14
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i still say, have an online webcast reality show where some brave soul is allowed to configure a windows-based pc to their liking, all bells and whistles. let the person run his or her life for a month, maybe longer, using that machine, and ONLY software that is available for windows ONLY. see how far they get.

"well, it's been pretty cool... i've got enough games to last me three lifetimes, but this accounting program i bought to manage my checkbook keeps crashing on me, and someone took over my computer the other day and erased everything i had created in the last week."

• Reply 10 of 14
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Ohmigosh...

"The Computer", Wednesdays on NBC.

Nah, there's enough of this "reality" bullshit on. Still, kinda funny.

Let Messiahtosh do some sort of spoof on it, I guess?

"I'm, like...(sob), like sort in love with this Mac, but I don't know...I mean, I thought I, like, was in love, but now I see this PC and (sob, sob)...it's...just...so...hard, you know?" [cue idiotic dramatic music]

* cut to: two guys arguing *

"Dude, I thought I was going to get the computer! This is WRONG, dude. So totally wrong..."

"Dude, [beep] you. I saw it first. What the [beep] are you talking about? Step off, [beep]!"

[cue idiotic dramatic music again]

"The Computer...there's never been another show like it. Unless you count Joe Bachelor, The Surviving Apprentice, Average Mole, Temptation Factor, Real Big Brother World, Dog Eat the Parents and that one with those two skanks living in the small town. But we're different...no, really!"

[cue idiotic dramatic music and insert spinning/flying shitty chrome-looking logo that an NBC production intern came up with]

• Reply 11 of 14
    aww the poll is gone now...
  • Reply 12 of 14
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    last i checked, mac's got 20% of the voting. considering a high traffic site like cnn, you have to admit that's quite a hefty sum.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    lainlain Posts: 140member
    One thing to vote with your mouse button, another to vote with your money.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lain

One thing to vote with your mouse button, another to vote with your money.