anyone want to buy an iPod?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
ok. I have a 15GB iPod but I am dying to get a mini. so I am selling mine for $230.

It comes with:

1. 15 GB iPod

2. Dock + charger

3. Remote (not in perfect condition but functional)

4. 6-Pin to 4-pin firewire adapter.

5. carrying case.

6. No headphones.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    i think anybody with 230-250 bucks to spend is going with a mini.... also, i bet most people here have ipods. try ebay though.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    I'll buy it for $150
  • Reply 3 of 16
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I can't promise anything, but I know someone who was about to buy a 15 until he realized it didn't come with the dock, etc. So he thought about it and commited to the 20. He hasn't bought it yet so I can make the offer for you.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Are there any scratchs on the iPod? Is it in mint condition. Whats condition of it. Why no headphones? LoL
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by killer2239

Are there any scratchs on the iPod? Is it in mint condition. Whats condition of it. Why no headphones? LoL

it has a few minor scratches. head phones died.

PM me for pics
  • Reply 6 of 16
    muahmuah Posts: 165member
    This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I am amazed nobody else here is calling you out on this.

Why would you donwngrade by 11 Gigabytes just to gain an extra inch worth of space in your pocket. I can see going for the mini if you didn't already have one, but you ought to have your iPod taken away just for suggesting such a dumb move. So, you can send it to me at the following address .....

Just kidding, but the price you are suggesting does seem a little high for a 2nd gen iPod which has to be at least 6 months old (which means the battery is only good for another year at most ). I can get a brand new 3rd gen iPod 15 Gig for $270 (wife is a teacher, thank you apple store for education).
  • Reply 7 of 16
    wish i could, but i already have one, i want another, just don't have the bling-bling right now
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by muah

Just kidding, but the price you are suggesting does seem a little high for a 2nd gen iPod which has to be at least 6 months old (which means the battery is only good for another year at most ). I can get a brand new 3rd gen iPod 15 Gig for $270 (wife is a teacher, thank you apple store for education).

It's $299 for normal ppl.

Dock, carrying case and remote are not included in those $299 and cost ~$30 each separately. Also you need to add sales tax and shipping.

If you were to buy exact same set up from Apple store it would come out to almost $400.

I think $230, including shipping is a fair price.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by muah

...a 2nd gen iPod which has to be at least 6 months old (which means the battery is only good for another year at most ).

Hmmm... Where did this bit of wisdom come from? \
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by LudwigVan

Hmmm... Where did this bit of wisdom come from? \

i can't believe you people have actually started believing the 18 months myth.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    muah, ths is a For Sale thread, not a discussion about iPods. If you want to slam the mini iPod, go do it in Digital Hub. Don't waste his (and our) time by telling him how dumb he is for choosing a mini iPod. That kind of thread-crapping is not appreciated.

Most people do not qualify for an education discount, so comparing it to that is plain stupid. If you don't have any interest in buying this thread, then DON'T. We don't need to hear every negative little thing that runs through your mind. (re: spreading battery FUD)

No wonder most people don't bother posting items for sale here. If people would leave well enough alone, we might actually get enough of these threads to get Buy & Sell forum going. Derailing perfectly good threads like this doesn't do anyone any good.

*ahem* Back on topic here. If anyone has specific questions about this iPod please post them. If you want to talk about failing batteries, using your wife's education discount, or the failings of the Mini iPod, please go to Digital Hub.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by soulcrusher

i can't believe you people have actually started believing the 18 months myth.

what is the average battery life for iPods anyway?
  • Reply 13 of 16
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

what is the average battery life for iPods anyway?

No one knows but there are a lot of people, myself included, with iPods that have been working just fine for over 2 years. It's all a lie and I hate it when people spread crap like this as news.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    ok. it was sold to someone on ebay for $300
  • Reply 15 of 16
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    I constantly marvel at the prices people pay for Apple products on eBay.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

I constantly marvel at the prices people pay for Apple products on eBay.

I know, amazing.