BEST Speaker Setup for the G5 ??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well, I know the G5 has a Digial Output, but I wanted to get your opinion on what the "BEST AUDIO SETUP" is for the computer.

I was thinking about a Logitech Z680 w/ optical connecter. But I know there is got to be something better but still under $500.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    I'd skip computer speakers and hook it up to a real stereo. I have my G5 hooked up to a Yamaha power amp and a pair of Yamaha speakers sounds way better than any computer speakers I've ever heard.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    drboardrboar Posts: 477member
    A 100 dollar amp and 400 dollar loudspeaker of the HiFi kind will get you a sound qality that far surpass any computer speakers. But if you want multichannel setup and thumping bass for the UT 2003 gaming good computer speakers will get you there.

One snag with HiFi speakers is that they are meant to be listend to on several meters distance, connected to a computer you tend to sit very close to them
  • Reply 3 of 5
    blestblest Posts: 24member
    i prefer klipsch.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I second that, BLeST.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    blestblest Posts: 24member
    i mean really klipsch isn't too expensive for a full setup or even a nice little 2.1 setup which due to constraints in how much room i have the klipsch promedia 2.1 is a very good deal for around 180.. look online you'll see a lot of good reviews