intensely irritating Safari bug

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Safari 1.1.1 on 10.3.2 crashes when moving a Bookmark from the Bookmark Bar to a bookmarks folder. It's repeatable. I relaunched and tried again, same thing. Relaunched tried again. Crashed. Sent 3 error reports. Safari hasn't been updated for a while and still they haven't released 1.1.1 for Jaguar. I hope this bug fix makes it into the next update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    I can't reproduce it
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I can't reproduce it either.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I can't reproduce it either either.

What bothers me is the fact that once a page loads it automatically comes in-front of other pages. VERY annoying.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Damn. Weird. I'll try different configurations.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

What bothers me is the fact that once a page loads it automatically comes in-front of other pages. VERY annoying.

I've never seen that. I load pages in the background both in tabs and other windows all the time without issue. Are you sure the pages you're loading don't have some JavaScript pushing them forward?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

I've never seen that. I load pages in the background both in tabs and other windows all the time without issue. Are you sure the pages you're loading don't have some JavaScript pushing them forward?

sounds eerily similar to a familiar AI script we all hated, too... hmmmm, coincidence? or conspiracy???

• Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

sounds eerily similar to a familiar AI script we all hated, too... hmmmm, coincidence? or conspiracy???

Hey, don't kill the messenger. Besides, if you have any complaints about things like that at AppleInsider, fire them at Kasper. It's 100% his fault when the advertisers screw up like that because he and the MacNN lackeys refuse to give us info on how to contact them ourselves.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Yeah well it only seems to happen to some pages, so I guess that is the reason. I would think there should be a way to block that.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Hey, don't kill the messenger. Besides, if you have any complaints about things like that at AppleInsider, fire them at Kasper. It's 100% his fault when the advertisers screw up like that because he and the MacNN lackeys refuse to give us info on how to contact them ourselves.

Not to mention that they don't pay any bloody attention to these forums anyway, or really bother to include themselves in the very community that makes AppleInsider AppleInsider. Maybe if they did, things would go by a lot smoother.

Not to mention they've been offered the ability to host AppleInsider ad free, and have chosen not to. Crap, I'm getting carried away again