anybody use 1and1.com for their website?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
if anyone is using 1and1.com for their site, i have a few quesitons.

1st, they suck like none other. the connection speeds are awful.

2nd, all i wanna do is upload my own html files, and i cant. this is really pissing me off, and i'm gonna call and cancel, but i have to wait til monday.

anyways, if there's something big i'm missing, please let me know. otherwise, 1and1 is going to recevie a very unpleasant call tomorrow

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Yeah I did sign up for their free package.

They are super slow. I guess there are too many people signing up .
  • Reply 2 of 11
    muahmuah Posts: 165member
    I don't know why you can't upload. I have been able to perfectly fine. If your dns hasn't been set up yet, you can use that goofy 2030002.homesite.us (or whatever it really is, since I can't remember) dns to connect to until it is.

Can't complain about the speeds myself, but it is free for 3 years.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I think there are already two threads about 1and1, use the search feature. I know i started one a while back, and maybe a couple weeks (month?) someone asked about them.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    I don't have any speed issues, perhaps because I am paying for it over here in Germany and you get it free in the US.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    i have my domain set up and everything... where do you go once you login to the 'upload' page.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    I use ftp software to connect and upload my pages. You might flip through the FAQ once you login to the admin.1and1.com page and get info about the settings.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    I have two sites with them... under their free plan...

And no probs whatsoever.. there are still nice and fast.

[shrugs]

However, I do uploading the real way.. with an FTP client, so maybe thats what you need to do, rather than using an upload script on their site.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    i dumb when it comes to ftp... what prog to i get, and what do i upload to?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    ftp software comes in a lot of different brands. www.download.com will help you find one that you will like (I am sure there are some that others prefer more than what I use).

Once you install the software, the configuration is usually pretty straightforward and includes they ftp destination (your website) and the login/password.

If your previous post was sarcasm, then may I recommend using smilies of some sort to harass us next time.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    no sarcasm there--i really dont know what i'm doing with ftp stuff. thanks for the link and help.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Hello, I am just informing you about the best website hoster on the web ! Its cheap at the lowest prizes from 5.99 a month Plus free help and 25 mailing names and aplacations so you can add a chat room or a online shop !

www.totalwebsolutions.com