design idea for all future powerbooks...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
there's a thread in the digital hub about creature speakers, and how they changed the colors of the LED's from versions I to II. i understand that now theyre green, which i think is an ugly color. then i got to thinking about pbooks and their backlit apple logo. it seems like it would be easy and really awesome to have multiple colors in there, and you could change the colors/have them cycling jsut as easily as you can switch a desktop background. i think this would pave the way to all peripherals having this ability, and you could completely color-code your setup (and now your ipod mini!).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Difficult to do.

The backlit logo is merely the screen backlighting coming through a hole in the metal... and the backlight is white. Changing the color would necessitate changing how the logo is lit, which while possible, would be kind of pointless given how easy it is to do it in white.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Eh, why not...Ive might get bored.

Edit: Just found this web page, seems kinda related but didnt want to put it in a new topic...Ive is the man. Check this out (Use sherlock to translate)
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Well, Apple could change the color of the plastic Apple on the back of the display, but knowing Mac users every one would just complain about how ugly Apple's choice was and how much better theirs would be. So I guess white is best.

They did change the color and action of the sleep light. It used to be green and blinking. Now it's blue and pulsing. Baby steps, I guess, baby steps.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    What computer is blue, my new powerbook is white
  • Reply 5 of 8
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Many users changed the color of the apple logo on their 'Books. It's easy to do, you only have to put a colored and transparent sheet between the apple and the backlight.

http://www.applefritter.com/hacks/laptops.html

• Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

Many users changed the color of the apple logo on their 'Books. It's easy to do, you only have to put a colored and transparent sheet between the apple and the backlight.

http://www.applefritter.com/hacks/laptops.html

and void the warranty in the process.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    I, personally, would like to see all the time spent trying to get the damn apple on my PB to change colors invested in the squeezing of a G5 into a laptop. Just my thoughts...
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

I, personally, would like to see all the time spent trying to get the damn apple on my PB to change colors invested in the squeezing of a G5 into a laptop. Just my thoughts...

that sounds like a good idea.... hmmmm...color changing apple logo or G5....hmmmmmm choices choices...