Audio card for new QuickSilver

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am looking for an audio card, preferably with OS X drivers, that will give me higher quality two channel stereo out. Special effects for games, surround sound, recording capability, etc. are not important to me as the computer will not be used for those functions.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    I'm also looking for one for my DP GHz G4. I am considering the Audiophile 2496 (www.midiman.com).
  • Reply 2 of 3
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    nope.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    [quote]Originally posted by JohnnyBravo:

<strong>I am looking for an audio card, preferably with OS X drivers, that will give me higher quality two channel stereo out. Special effects for games, surround sound, recording capability, etc. are not important to me as the computer will not be used for those functions.

Thanks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

[quote] Originally posted by Janitor:

Nope<hr></blockquote>

what do you mean nope?

[quote] taken from the midiman webpage:

The Audiophile 2496 is an all-in-one high fidelity soundcard solution for a wide variety of applications, ranging from multitrack recording to computer-based home theatre. Analog I/O is available on RCA jacks, utilizing the same professional 24-bit, 96kHz conversion as the Delta 44 and Delta 66 cards. S/PDIF I/O and MIDI I/O provide connectivity to both digital devices, and the world of MIDI. You can also utilize the S/PDIF I/O for DVD surround sound playback with an external decoder. The Audiophile 2496 includes a powerful digital mixer/router, and control over SCMS (Serial Copy Management System). Delta Series cards support all computer platforms and major software programs.

<hr></blockquote>

it can give you DVD surround if you have external decoder....I'd assume that would enhance in gaming as well(with external reciever) it has "stunning" sound quality, and is a pretty damn decent home recording solution...this is an awesome card....couple it with a good reciever and some nice speakers and you'll have everything you could want in an audio card(well just about)