Pro Backup Software under OSX (not Retrospect)

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am looking for a professional back up software like Retrospect that would allow me to backup 1,5 Terabytes every night. I need a software that can pilot a tape library with at least 2 drives (DLT or LTO,...).

My pb is that Retrospect cannot manage more than one drive in a library and backing up that much data with only one drive is way too long.

Any idea ?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Woof.

Um... IBM's Tivoli is in that range of capability... there's another one that I can *NOT* recall the name of right now, starts with an A... Arcadia?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Woof.

Um... IBM's Tivoli is in that range of capability... there's another one that I can *NOT* recall the name of right now, starts with an A... Arcadia?

you're not thinking of arkeia(spelling?) are you? (linux backup software)

if so, don't go there. its horrible...

by the way, thats a *lot* of data!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I don't think that was it. It was a commercial product, I *thought* from IBM's Tivoli suite, but it's been a couple of years since I last investigated such things.

rsync works well enough for me, and is free.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Woof.

I don't think Tivoli runs under OSX, does it ?!

The thing is, I would like to perform those backups of an Xraid with an Xserve running OSX server.

I could use a Windows product like Arcserve running on an Intel machine, but I would feel like a traitor...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    What sort of tape library support do you need? Are we talking automated robotic tape retrieval?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

What sort of tape library support do you need? Are we talking automated robotic tape retrieval?

Yes. Like for this library for instance:

http://www.storagebysony.com/product...ain.asp?id=174

Retrospect does support that but only with one drive. I need 2 drives backing up at the same time.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    What about Legato or Veritas?