Tooting my own horn (or, how should I spend my 1000th post) !!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This is quite a moment. My attention span for any given website is usually a couple months, max, but i've been here for ??? longer than that! (2 years maybe?) I have never had more than a hundred posts or so on another board. Anyhow, I am now gleeful, and will end the one-liner posts that have been going on since post 950.

Okay, this isn't really that cool, but I'm happy.

ProgWHO?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Nope, you haven't officially hit 1000 yet... you are still four short. There's a bug in the post counters... they often report the wrong numbers. Just Search for all posts by yourself, and you'll see:

Quote:

Displaying Topics 1 to 25 of 996

If you were to not post for a week or so, Brad runs a post count script that corrects it, and your count would be dropped four.

Besides that, welcome to the club
  • Reply 2 of 11
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    OOOH I'M COOL BECAUSE I REACHED AN ARBITRARILY ROUND NUMBER I MUST CELEBRATE AHAHAHAHAHAHA POKE ME WITH A STICK I'M ENTERTAINED BY ANYTHING!
  • Reply 3 of 11
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

OOOH I'M COOL BECAUSE I REACHED AN ARBITRARILY ROUND NUMBER I MUST CELEBRATE AHAHAHAHAHAHA POKE ME WITH A STICK I'M ENTERTAINED BY ANYTHING!

when do you cross the mark of the 1000th mean-spireted post? i suppose that was 1400 or so posts ago.

now my day is ruined.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

Nope, you haven't officially hit 1000 yet... you are still four short. There's a bug in the post counters... they often report the wrong numbers. Just Search for all posts by yourself, and you'll see:

If you were to not post for a week or so, Brad runs a post count script that corrects it, and your count would be dropped four.

Besides that, welcome to the club

for my first 100 or so posts my name was "sickmiller" and then i made it so that my displayed name was "progmac" and my log in was still sickmiller. at some point the man changed my log in to progmac too.

regardless, i wonder how those posts under a different name but same account were worked into the script?

blah blah blah
  • Reply 5 of 11
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    The same way, I spent my 4000th. Don't say a thing, and wonder how the hell you have that many, followed by bowing your head in shame.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

when do you cross the mark of the 1000th mean-spireted post? i suppose that was 1400 or so posts ago.

now my day is ruined.

If your day is ruined by someone on an internet web site pointing out how you are more easily amused than a retarded monkey, you have serious issues.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

If your day is ruined by someone on an internet web site pointing out how you are more easily amused than a retarded monkey, you have serious issues.

sorry, didn't mean to cause trouble. anyhow, i appreciate your jabby sarcastic comments.

blub
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

sorry, didn't mean to cause trouble. anyhow, i appreciate your jabby sarcastic comments.

blub

I love it when I lambaste other people for things that really aren't that bad and then get them apologizing to me when I've been the only dick around here. I'm so talented.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Nice going BR. All that coming from someone with 1300 more posts than Progmac.

You guys need to get out more often. Or heck, maybe even bid for one of these:

BR and Progmac's future girlfriends

Edit: corrected link.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I think everyone agrees with me when I say anyone with under 1000 posts should fornicate themselves with an iron stick.

Name that show!
  • Reply 11 of 11
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

...when I've been the only dick around here. I'm so talented.

That's why it's so easy and so much fun to make fun of you and your vagina.