Apple should buy a game company!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple should buy a game company or create a game division in the company ala Microsoft/Bungie. Apple could make games for us and make money by making the games for consoles and then finally the Windoze crowd.

Whichever game company is bought should have at least 2 runaway hits under it's belt, have experience writing for consoles as well as Windoze and not currently writing for the Mac. The companies already writing for the Mac should be encouraged to compete (50% off hardware and reduced developer costs) to help draw gamers to the platform.

Also, Apple should consider remaking the cube as a LAN party style gaming emphasis Mac...basicly a mini G5 (1.6Ghz, whatever is the lowest on the Tower line when it's sold) w/ fast motherboard, 256MB minimum RAM, and the fastest card available on the Mac, small capacity hard drive (but fast I/O). Sell for same as low-end Tower.

I think these 2 actions would signifigantly increase the gaming presence on the Mac.

What do you guys think...should we send a petition to Apple?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Do not post multiple threads of the same topic across forums. It is considered spamming and will not be tolerated.

I'm closing this thread and moving the one from Software to here.