Safari cache question

brbr
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
When I go forward and backward, I don't want the page to reload. I want that totally stored in cache like it is on Opera on my PC. However, I do want it to reload every time I click a link. I hate it when it takes forever to reload a page when I mouse gesture back but when I click on a link to a thread I have to manually reload it because none of the new posts since my last visit appear.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    For me, Safari almost always keeps the past few pages in cache fine and loads them up pretty quickly when I press back, not re-downloading them.

Have you tinkered at all with the cache settings? Could the gestures thing be messing with the cache?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

For me, Safari almost always keeps the past few pages in cache fine and loads them up pretty quickly when I press back, not re-downloading them.

Have you tinkered at all with the cache settings? Could the gestures thing be messing with the cache?

I haven't touched the cache settings. Actually I have no idea where they are in the preferences. The mouse gestures for forward and back simply perform "history-forward" and "history-back" so I doubt that is messing with anything.