plist problems

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok, so I got a new PowerBook about 3 weeks ago. Aside from a stuck pixel everything seemed to be fine. That is until I started noticing that none of my preferences were ever the same. For instance, I have it set so that it shows me BlueTooth, Airport, and iChat in my menu bar, where BlueTooth is turned off by default to conserve power. Well sometimes when it starts up it leaves BlueTooth on, sometimes it leaves it off. iChat continually fails to be in the menu bar and I have to keep changing the preference. Also, sometimes when I go to sleep and come back the mouse tracking speed will be screwed up. I thought a fix for it would be to repair permissions but that still hasn't done the job. Then I thought to trash the plists, but I am not sure which ones to trash and if problems will arise from trashing them. Can someone help me out on this one. Thanks in advance.

Brian

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by DCmac32

...Well sometimes when it starts up it leaves BlueTooth on...

Damn same thing happens to me... but all the time. Hell! I just noticed it again. Bluetooth was on! *Stay* *switched* *off*!!!

AARRGGHHH

-ahem-

Guys, what's the solution?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Repair permissions first and see if that helps.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I have already done that. It doesn't seem to help. Any other ideas? Possibly trashing some plists...