Just makin' mischief!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm just wondering something!

If Mydoom is causing havoc on the Internet, and can be truly attributed to shoddy programming/security in the MS OS, what is stop Macintosh users from engaging in a class action suit against MS for ruining our peaceful enjoyment of the Internet.

MS users probably can't bring a suit - because their license agreement probably limits damages and has 'best efforts' clauses running through it.

But Macintosh users surely have no such limitations on them - we're being affected DESPITE the fact that we consciously chose not to buy an MS OS.

I know most people hate the idea of generating money for lawyers, but would this intrusion on private grief be funny? Or even practical?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    why only mac-ers, pleny of peaceful people (and servers) use unix(x86 or propriatary) and linux

let them in

that not withstanding, if i had linux and not windows i would sign up

<update> win users could sue for knowingly putting customeres at risk (if GM or ford KNOWINGLY made a horibly unsafe car buyers could sue) and what about false advertising, "windows firewall keeps you safe online!"

alow companys too,

IBM/SCO/apple users(all os's on which people still connect, 7.?, 8.* and 9.*)/linuxusers/unix users(including osx) v. M$

</update>
  • Reply 2 of 3
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

why only mac-ers, pleny of peaceful people (and servers) use unix(x86 or propriatary) and linux

let them in

that not withstanding, if i had linux and not windows i would sign up

<update> win users could sue for knowingly putting customeres at risk (if GM or ford KNOWINGLY made a horibly unsafe car buyers could sue) and what about false advertising, "windows firewall keeps you safe online!"

alow companys too,

IBM/SCO/apple users(all os's on which people still connect, 7.?, 8.* and 9.*)/linuxusers/unix users(including osx) v. M$

</update>

http://grc.com/dos/xpconference.htm
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

http://grc.com/dos/xpconference.htm

Whilst I'm in the UK and have no access to the whole class action thing, I would have thought that CubeDude's link merely strengthens the case for suing these incompetent ****ers (insert the four-letter verb of your choice) until their ears bleed.

Let me get this straight: to my shame, my country's Chancellor of The Exchequer - which most sane countries with both feet in the 21st century would call the Treasury Secretary or somesuch - has the gumption to recommend Gates for an honorary knighthood, whilst MPs pass spurious motions about the availability of iPod replacement batteries.

And all the time, my country's government continues to use MS as a platform of choice for all major public computing projects, despite the fact that it has more holes than a block of Emmental.

It's like 1984 has been turned into a Gilbert and Sullivan opera.