Why do we do this to ourselves?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well... Superbowl's over. No big announcement. No secret hints.... bah.

Why do we torture ourselves like this. At some point during the game i did the impossible - i actually cared more about the game than i did about spotting an ad. FREAKY!!!!!

I dont know how much more of this i can take. I'm exhausted

I really want a new mac... I'm sure I'll wait just one more week.... then say, "Just one more week," then say, "just one more week." ITS A VICIOUS CYCLE.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    i don't, but enjoy watching those that do, it's like.....cabaret.
  • Reply 2 of 25
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    I donno. It's like a drug, so I guess that makes most of us here at AI junkies...
  • Reply 3 of 25
    mmm....junkie.

Yeah - its like an addiction. AI is on my links bar - i must click it every 10 minutes.

I think I'm going to go throw up.
  • Reply 4 of 25
    That makes me wonder....

everyone post their age, sex, and location.

20, dude, michigan USA
  • Reply 5 of 25
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    You thought Apple was going to announce a new Mac during the SuperBowl?
  • Reply 6 of 25
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    You knew they weren't so why bother. They even said so....what were you hoping for?
  • Reply 7 of 25
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bedrock22

That makes me wonder....

everyone post their age, sex, and location.

20, dude, michigan USA

hah...

AI anonymous. AIA..

18, male, texas USA.

Why do we do this to ourselves? I have no idea. Maybe it's because we care so much about our Macs.
  • Reply 8 of 25
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Steve's a genius! What a marketing coup for Apple! I can't believe you guys didn't see the Apple logo on Janet Jackson's right breast.
  • Reply 9 of 25
    This is really General Discussion, not Future Hardware. There isn't really anything "future" about this thread anymore. If anything, it has de-evolved well into the past
  • Reply 10 of 25
    Torture?

Sorry, but my feat were firmly planted here on Earth. There wasn't a single reliable source that claimed Apple would do anything today.

There may be something new next week or the week after but only because some products are due for an update (cue G5s wails).

So there.

And for the record, since it was asked:

21, male, NC USA
  • Reply 11 of 25
    Since I didn't bother reading the entire thread, just the part about age/sex/location and whatnot...

18, dood, chicago, IL...US of freekin A
  • Reply 12 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by bedrock22

mmm....junkie.

Yeah - its like an addiction. AI is on my links bar - i must click it every 10 minutes.

I think I'm going to go throw up.

lol i do it too

19/male/Purdue University
  • Reply 13 of 25
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

18, dood, chicago, IL...US of freekin A

hehehehe dood, that means dead in Dutch

23, male, Tilburg, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth

2x QS 733 G4s

450MHz G3 iMac (greenish)
  • Reply 14 of 25
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    You see, folks, there are those of us who have broken out of Steve's "Reality Distortion Field" and can control our urges to dream the impossible dream that Apple's going to release a 2Ghz G5 Cube tomorrow.

Give it time. You'll get there.

24, Male, Missouri USA
  • Reply 15 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

You see, folks, there are those of us who have broken out of Steve's "Reality Distortion Field" and can control our urges to dream the impossible dream that Apple's going to release a 2Ghz G5 Cube tomorrow.

[homer] MMMMMMMM...2ghz G5 Cube tomorrrow. [/homer]

**DMBand sits at computer all day on www.apple.com waiting for a leak.**
  • Reply 16 of 25
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Nothing was on any of the usual suspects sites for today, like Brad said, so there.

19/m/CH ZH
  • Reply 17 of 25
    The first step is to admit that Steve's RDF, is there, and then that it's a problem. And for me, I had to come to terms with the fact that if something was released, I couldn't afford to buy anything big right away anyways.

20/ duder / Rochester NY
  • Reply 18 of 25
    Another contributing fact would be AI, no? It is fun to speculate and read gossip on message boards with people who share a common interest. Keep the rumours coming.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    at some point i quit going insane about this stuff. i remember literally not being able to sleep before MWSF '02. at some point i cooled off...i didn't even know about miniPod until 2 or 3 days after it was released.

i guess i figure, i have my mac and my ipod, what good do new announcements do me? i don't need more objects, i have plenty

22 / cincinnati
  • Reply 20 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

at some point i quit going insane about this stuff. i remember literally not being able to sleep before MWSF '02. at some point i cooled off...i didn't even know about miniPod until 2 or 3 days after it was released.

i guess i figure, i have my mac and my ipod, what good do new announcements do me? i don't need more objects, i have plenty

22 / cincinnati

i'll be able to sleep when i place my order for a rev b g5. i'm going crazy, but after that i'll be set for a LONG time.