Who has ordered an iPod mini?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I ordered three yesterday. Anyone else?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 42
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    Ive got a trip to the states planned for later this month, I plan to walk into a store and check out the ipod mini (quite looking forward to it).

If it grabs me, I'll grab it.

• Reply 2 of 42
    Mine was ordered the day of introduction (January 7th at 5:45 PM). Blue iPod mini with a laser engraving with my name and phone number (no I wont be selling it).

The Order Status is, "will ship on or before 2/17/04." So less than two weeks til I should have it. CANT WAIT ANY LONGER AHHHH!
  • Reply 3 of 42
    Mine says on or before 3/3/04

you're lucky
  • Reply 4 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by soulcrusher

Mine says on or before 3/3/04

you're lucky

When did you order?
  • Reply 5 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

When did you order?

read first post.
  • Reply 6 of 42
    Ok, so that explains it then. You ordered on February 2nd and are quoted with a March 3rd date of on or before shipping. That's not as bad as the wait I have! I ordered on the 7th therefor if we say mine arrives on the 17th, it will mean I waited a total of 41 damn days. You will only have to wait 31 days. YOU ARE THE LUCKY ONE...however I guess I will be getting mine before you so it doesnt seem as bad now! Hehe...I'll let you all know how it is considering I'll be one of the first to have experience with one...Photographs and everything else...I'm also going to do an "opening the box" video...hehe.

Out of curiosity, why did you order 3 mini's?
  • Reply 7 of 42
    I'm debating if I want to trade in my 15 GB 3G iPod for a mini. I have more than 4 GB of songs so I would have to become an expert in smart playlist creation, bit the smaller size and better button design is so enticing. I'll have to wait until an Apple Store gets them in stock so I can see them in person.
  • Reply 8 of 42
    My question is, do you actually listen to that many songs off of it? I could only see myself owning a more robust iPod if I needed to store things other than music on it. To me, 4 gigs of music is great for running with and school during down time. All I have to do is take things on and off and create smart playlists, and I get the smaller form factor as a nice bonus for being a normal use user.
  • Reply 9 of 42
    I ordered my wife one a couple of weeks ago. Its due to ship 2/17/04 and the arm band I got for her is due to ship 2/19/04. Thought that was weird.
  • Reply 10 of 42
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    My sister is so getting one in a few months. They just have to up that size. 4 gigs instead of 15 for $49 difference is a joke. But my sister must have green. You do not understand her obsession. Her room is so bright green (Key Lime!) it hurts my eyes. Ah yes she wants a Key Lime iBook too. A mic would be nice too...8)
  • Reply 11 of 42
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Well I recently lost my 40GB iPod, so I am in the market for a new one. I have a huge music library but I doubt I would ever on one trip listen to more than 4GB worth of music.

Oh, the thinking in killing me. I just don't know which iPod to get...the "bigger" one or the mini.
  • Reply 12 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by foad

Well I recently lost my 40GB iPod

***FAINTS******
  • Reply 13 of 42
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Quote:

***FAINTS******

You're telling me! I freaked out when I lost it. Thank god for insurance!!
  • Reply 14 of 42
    After thinking over, I think a new mini to the right way to go. It would be better for running and I could set up an 8 hour playlist for work each day. Plus, because I have more than 4 GB of music, it forces me to listen to a greater variety of songs.

One other selling point is the new scroll wheel design. I really *hate* accidentally hitting the touch sensitive buttons on the iPod.
  • Reply 15 of 42
    I'm telling you man, the mini is just more practical. It just seems sensible to me. Price be damned, no matter what way you look at it, it costs less money.
  • Reply 16 of 42
    Quote:

I'm telling you man, the mini is just more practical. It just seems sensible to me. Price be damned, no matter what way you look at it, it costs less money.

damn right! and they come in colors.
  • Reply 17 of 42
    Just ordered the Arm Band from Apple...On or before 2/16/04...Hopefully that does the trick! I'm excited as shit!
  • Reply 18 of 42
    So out of 14,000 users of this forum, only about 10 of us actually purchased mini's? I find that hard to believe.
  • Reply 19 of 42
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Quote:

So out of 14,000 users of this forum, only about 10 of us actually purchased mini's? I find that hard to believe.

Maybe there are people that don't need the smaller size? Because I know if I was ordering an iPod now the only way I'd go for the mini is if I required the small size. Otherwise $50 for 11 more GB is amazing for the regular 15GB iPod.
  • Reply 20 of 42
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    I'll be buying one when they are released in the UK.