YellowDog Linux Source CD ISOs

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Where on the Yellow Dog Linux mirrors would I find the source CDs? All I can find are the Install CDs... Can anyone help me find those? I'm in the mood to experiment with MOL and so on...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Tell us how MOL goes and how YDL goes on the Mac. Give us like a full review with images and everything about it.

Lates
  • Reply 2 of 6
    OK sure. I'm just about to download CD 2 of the 3 install CDs... What I'm looking for now is the three source code CDs....
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I'm curious why you, or anybody for that matter, would want the source code CDs? GCC et al are on the install CDs. Are you planning on patching some source code?!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

I'm curious why you, or anybody for that matter, would want the source code CDs? GCC et al are on the install CDs. Are you planning on patching some source code?!

Hmm... I thought the src CDs had the src for the programs that come with YDL... OK thanks for clarifying that. And nope.. I'm not gonna patch anything...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    So the source install will be compiled just for his setup...

YDL is pre-compiled for generic PPC processors (603e and up)... you can get that extra oomph if you compile the code for your hardware. ie... so it is configured to use your G3/G4 to its fullest.

EDIT!!

Well I do know where you can get source rpms (srpms) for each program.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    another great linux distro is gentoo

www.gentoo.org

they may or may not have a ppc livecd by now

if they do then you can run the whole shebang including

kde right off the cdrom & in ram

their forums are excellent should you need any help

good luck & have fun