SC Primary: Sharpton 10%, Dean 5% (Haha)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
According to CNN.com

As of 5:40 PM PST...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    That is not that unexpected.

The state is close to 40% African American and they (we?) sure as hell dont trust New Englanders.
  • Reply 2 of 30
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Looks like Dean is gonna drop (out) like a bad habit. My money is on Kerry to the the nod, than lose to Bush.

Edit: Whoops...got a little excited on the "o" key there.
  • Reply 3 of 30
    Dean is not going to drop. He has said his strategy was to not participate/concentrate on the Feb 3 primaries. He's concentrating on Washington State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Maine...

As for Sharpton and Kerry, you know the old Green saying, Republicans and evil, Democrats are stupid.
  • Reply 4 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Looks like Dean is gonna drop (out) like a bad habit. My money is on Kerry to the the nod, than loose to Bush.

then lose?
  • Reply 5 of 30
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Looks like Dean is gonna drop (out) like a bad habit.

I wouldn't bet on it. He was in Tacoma, rather than Columbia, today for a reason. He's obviously hoping for a better showing on Saturday. Regardless, I really don't see this being decided until CA and NY vote.
  • Reply 6 of 30
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I'm pretty sure Clinton lost his first 10 primaries. So Dean is still hanging in there. However, Kerry looks undeniably strong... \
  • Reply 7 of 30
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    So why is it that apparently no southerner worth a lick of salt will vote for anyone but another southerner? Are we doomed to dealing with bubbas and dubyas the rest of our lives? (I'm only sort of kidding.)
  • Reply 8 of 30
    Uh oh... look who is doing much better than expected in New Mexico.

www.msnbc.com
  • Reply 9 of 30
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Big night for Edwards. Huge win in South Carolina and looks like he might pick up Oklahoma too. It's a two person race now between the Senators John.
  • Reply 10 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Big night for Edwards. Huge win in South Carolina and looks like he might pick up Oklahoma too. It's a two person race now between the Senators John.

And Dean.
  • Reply 11 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

And Dean.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! You've got to be kidding me? He's done.
  • Reply 12 of 30
    What did people expect from Dean? The bulk of his followers are college kids...and college kids are, well, college kids. Thank God for the adults out there voting in the primaries.
  • Reply 13 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by k squared

What did people expect from Dean? The bulk of his followers are college kids...and college kids are, well, college kids. Thank God for the adults out there voting in the primaries.

The exit polling data differs with your opinion.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

The exit polling data differs with your opinion.

Keep grasping.
  • Reply 15 of 30
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

HAHAHAHAHA!!! You've got to be kidding me? He's done.

Well, we can debate to what extent tonight's losses further imperiled the Dean campaign, but I don't think he's done. Yet, at least.
  • Reply 16 of 30
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Kerry isn't sexy, to say that many Dems aren't "hot" for him is putting it mildly.

Dean ain't about to drop he's still got brand-name and the American public can be mighty forgiving, anything could happen - Kerry could have a skeleton fall out of his closet....that crap happens.

Edwards is still my fave for surprising people. He's a dark horse with great TV hair.

Edit: Oh, and I won't vote for any of them.

Moment of Silence for Lieberman.
  • Reply 17 of 30
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    all i have to say is...

• Reply 18 of 30
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Dean who?
  • Reply 19 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

all i have to say is...

We're going to go to Washington and Oregon and California and New York! YEAAAAAH
  • Reply 20 of 30
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

all i have to say is...

Uh huh...