Safari 1.2 ?> Help Viewer...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
What happens with Help Viewer when you click the little purple help button in the "Reset Safari..." dialog?

Is this a bug? Help Viewer opens, but becomes periodically unresponsive.

What about you guys? m.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Resetting Safari

If you use a shared or public computer, you may want to reset Safari to prevent other people from seeing what you have been doing.

Resetting Safari clears the history, empties the cache, clears the Downloads window, and removes all cookies. It also removes any saved user names and passwords or other AutoFill data and clears Google search entries.

In addition, any open windows are closed and a new window opens. The new window has a new history for the Back and Forward buttons and the SnapBack buttons.

Choose Reset Safari from the Safari menu and click Reset.

If you reset Safari, then cookies saved by other applications, such as Sherlock, may also be removed.

That's what Help has to say.

Edit: Oops was somewhat distracted and nup help just comes up normally for me.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Works fine for me.

Did you let the "optimization" phase complete after installing the update and did you restart afterwards?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Works fine for me.

Did you let the "optimization" phase complete after installing the update and did you restart afterwards?

Yup, always do.

I just get a Help Viewer window with a blank page. And it's as responsive as an app that is heavily processing some data... m. \