ACDSee equivalent?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey all,

I'm looking for an equivalent to Windows' ACDSee. Just a quick down and dirty image viewer with no fuzz. Any ideas?

Also, does BBEdit have any competitors? I love it, but there is no way in hell I'm paying 120 bucks for a text editor!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    hi,

I've been searching for an ACDSee for mac for a long time. Actually there is some old version for the mac too, but I've never tried it. I can however highly suggest the app "Graphiconverter". It does all of ACDSee's conversions and you can use it to view images quite well. The only feature I miss is that you can't just doubleclick a file and then browse the whole directory in fullscrean. You can also use Preview (no fullscrean but simple) to view images. If you have iphoto4 it now works as it should, therefor it is almost perfect as a digital-camera companion. I wouldn't recomend as a simpel imagebrowser though.

You could also try to search versiontracker.com and macupdate.com for free- and shareware.

have fun
  • Reply 2 of 3
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    iview media pro

I tried it out and it was really good, but its not free so I didnt keep it.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Graphic Converter

By the way....Copenhagen is a cute city. I still miss the new years eve firework so much