Belkin Media Reader and Microdrives

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Do they work? Also, is the media reader worth purchasing? I know it drains life very quickly, but other than that is it worth it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Will you really be away from your computer long enough to fill an entire microdrive and therefore need to transfer to iPod?

either way, I don't see why they wouldn't work (not that i have the card reader or microdrive, but i'm speculating)
  • Reply 2 of 5
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    Yes they do work but the microdrive will put a heavy drain the media reader's bateries (and some of the ipod but not as much as you think, it's because the hard drive being used for a large burst of data).

The media reader does exactly what you would epect and is small and compact. I think it it worth getting if you need the functionality it gives you.

I have a minds@work digital wallet which I used to use, the media reader is a much better option.

But it is slow.. don't be expecting the type of speeds you get when uploading a from a camera to the mac.

When I am away from a computer I tend to shoot all day and then download to the ipod at the end of the day leaving all my cards and microdrive fresh for the next day. (with the media reader being so small it is no great shakes to have it in the camera bag and us it anytime)

One big advantage is the automatic sync to iphoto when you get back.

I totaly recommend them.. in fact after using mine my father got an ipod and media reader specifically to use for photo's (with the advantage of being able to learn french when he is out and about )

j.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    thanks a lot! That solves it!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    i know this is an old thread, but i thought it would be better to post here rather than make a new one cause its about the same topic. anyways:

I'm considering buying the media reader because my family is FINALLY going digital and we're gonna have 2 to 3 digicams on vacation over the summer. all the sticks are 128MB, so the transfer speed problem isnt too much of issue. will there be problems with all the similar album names coming from each stick into the iPod? they're all Sony Cybershots (which are great btw) so the album naming is identical. Also, will airport X-Ray machines lose anything? Cause if I have 1000 pics i sure as hell don't wanna lose them! Thanks.

-ipod
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Carry-on your cameras and media. The big, nuclear looking x-ray machines are evil. The little x-ray machines are fine, my CF cards and my PB have never been affected. When I use to shoot all film I used to request a hand inspection and walk ALL of my film through the airport, never going through any machines.

_thedustin