What I wouldn't give for a black powerbook G4...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was just sitting here thinking this, and felt the need to share...

I was wondering just how much I would pay for an anodized aluminum black Powerbook G4. Even with the current 1.25 ghz specs, make it black, sleek, and exuding sex like the Pismos did, and I figure I will fork over $4000 for it.

It is funny, back in the day before the Ti, we were all screaming for silver, silver was the sex. Only now do I realize that black was where it was at all along.

How much would you pay to have 15" of sleek, sexy, pulsating black power sitting on your lap?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Krylon?

Dunno, but you *can* get metals anodized for a price. Disassemble the beast, take the metal shell to an electroplating shop, and let 'em have at it.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by maninmac

How much would you pay to have 15" of sleek, sexy, pulsating black power sitting on your lap?

(is probably still laughing right now)

P.S. Yes...a black anodized PowerBook would kick ass. Now excuse me while I mop up the coke I spewed on my floor.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    That's for the plastic shells. They paint the inside of the clear.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    no, they do all the models, iBook, powerbook, iPod..etc.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    It's still paint though, as far as I can tell.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    true, but it's not that bad looking. *shrug* The dude said he would pay anything
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Naw, it looks pretty good. (ColorMeleon? Neat!)

But it's still paint... :P
  • Reply 9 of 15
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by maninmac

I was just sitting here thinking this, and felt the need to share...

I was wondering just how much I would pay for an anodized aluminum black Powerbook G4. Even with the current 1.25 ghz specs, make it black, sleek, and exuding sex like the Pismos did, and I figure I will fork over $4000 for it.

It is funny, back in the day before the Ti, we were all screaming for silver, silver was the sex. Only now do I realize that black was where it was at all along.

do you want a laptop or a hooker - dont get me wrong, makeing visualy appealing peice of hardware is a great idea and the pismo is the coolest laptop ever, but you talk about a computer like a sex partner, i know an apple laptop is more than just a computer but it is, at its root, a super-fast calculator and nothing more, as are all computers- apple is the best but still it is a calculator.

but i do agree apple needs to go back to black
  • Reply 10 of 15
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    No they don't. Every damn laptop in the world - at some point - has been black. Whoop-do-do.

They look great as they are.

Black computers - desktops or laptops - just don't do it for me. Never have. That's why I want to choke those of you calling for black iMacs.

Ugly.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    I don't know why lots of ppl like black notebooks... to me it just looks WAY too plain. I personally love the aluminum look, it gives a futuristic feel. like the interior to a spacecraft It makes it look like a slick sportscar, why go with a white colored car if you can go red? figuritively speaking
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

do you want a laptop or a hooker

[snip]

Can I have both?

Silver is sexy, black is sexy, but not plastic. As long as Apple sticks with the metal look they'll have me drooling. Now all they need is a G5.

Isn't there a new black material out that absorbs somewhere in the area of 99.97% of visible light? That would be sweet.

Edit:

Upon thinking it over a little bit, black sucks. It's too "Dellish" and who wants a dell? Not I!
  • Reply 13 of 15
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    Dell's dont have the same light absorbing qualities you were just describing and they usually have some kind of chintzy trim.

I'll would definately consider a powerbook that absorbed light, in a felt or suede like manner.

The new suede powerbook...
  • Reply 14 of 15
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    The answer is this:

• Reply 15 of 15
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    The original poster suggested black anodized aluminum.

A simply painted black PB would be rather bland and be similar to most PC laptops, while an anodized aluminum one would probably be much nicer.

That said, the reason the Pismo was sexy wasn't because it was black, but rather because of it's curves and form.