Ipod nuisance

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok i got a problem. Stupidly I dont have a receipt to send my ipod back to apple to repair and even if i did the limited warranty is up. How do i repair my ipod? I dont want to send it to apple bc they will charge me about 250 bucks to repair my 15 gig ipod. I was wondering if anyone knew a site i could that has cheaper ipod repair.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    What is wrong with it?

There are a few sites out there, but it depends on what you need to do. Battery problems? HD problems? Get a little more specific and someone here might even be able to help you.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Ok the problems with my ipod are...

1. after a couple of seconds or a minute my songs just cut off and dont play

2. i can no longer upload anymore songs onto my ipod.

3. Constantly the ipdo turns off and does a hard reset on its own and wont turn off fromt he apple symbol until it runs out of batteries. during this time the ipod gets extremely hot and i cant do anything.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by FFkid86

Ok the problems with my ipod are...

1. after a couple of seconds or a minute my songs just cut off and dont play

2. i can no longer upload anymore songs onto my ipod.

3. Constantly the ipdo turns off and does a hard reset on its own and wont turn off fromt he apple symbol until it runs out of batteries. during this time the ipod gets extremely hot and i cant do anything.

try doing a software restore. pop in the disc that cam with your ipod, and find software restore, and do that. it restores the ipod to its factory condidtion. (there may be some other way to find the software restore, but i know its on the disc)
  • Reply 4 of 4
    thank you very much