ipod question

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I saw some stuff about an upcoming 4th generation ipod. i may be in the dark on any information on this, but if anyone has any news on this, i'd like to hear it. thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Where did you get this information? From the look of the iPod offerings right now there wont be anything really substantially different about them in the next revision unless an extreme high end one gets video capabilities. For now, If you just need one for its playback abilites and its great form and interface, I would suggest just buying now. If you need a video iPod or could think of a reason or have the money for one, then wait. Hell, buy the current one now and then get whatever is next if you can afford it, thats the best of both worlds.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    any 4th gen info you've heard is completely crap. trust me, you'll know when there are specs out.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Wouldn't the iPod mini be 4th gen?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    knappaknappa Posts: 106member
    I guess this would be the first post about a 4th gen iPod...

Does anybody have inside information about this ? Maybe that it will be using a 120 GB .8" HD & a built-in hydrogen power supply
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by gordy

Wouldn't the iPod mini be 4th gen?

no. thats like saying the g5 is a next gen iMac. the mini and the ipod (haha, that should be a movie) are two different product lines, despite their similarities.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by knappa

I guess this would be the first post about a 4th gen iPod...

Does anybody have inside information about this ? Maybe that it will be using a 120 GB .8" HD & a built-in hydrogen power supply

I read this as an "eight inch hard drive."

That would be like carrying a giant gyroscope around.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Yea, AAPL is yet again a victim of their own perfection and clean design... I mean, how can you better the 3rd generation iPod for its intended purpose? (wireless earbuds?) Mr Ive, well done, sir!!!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eupfhoria

I read this as an "eight inch hard drive."

That would be like carrying a giant gyroscope around.

... and a $500 gyroscope at that... like the guidance system on Steve's iGulfStream V.