iBook G4 Trackpad Peeling Off...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi all...

I've read all the comments people have made regarding the "skipping around" problem with some of the G4 iBook trackpads... fortunately... I'm not having that problem (yet... I've only had it a week now)... However, my trackpad appears to be peeling off the casing. If I place my finger on the casing... just above the trackpad... and slide it towards the surface of the trackpad... I'll hit the trackpad (it's slightly above the case in the center... it has a slight buckle to it)... It works fine... but it's starting to annoy me. It seems like it's fixed to the case with adhesive or something and the top of mine doesn't want to stay stuck... I can press down on it and it will stay down for a few seconds... then slowly come back up. It's not like half the thing is peeling off or anything... it's just a little above the surface on the top. It's enough to be annoying... but I'm not sure it's something worth taking it back over. Has anyone else seen this?

(I'm starting to tell myself that it's designed that way on purpose... to have a nice arc for ergonomic sliding of the finger \ )

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ?

I would call applecare. I dont have an ibook but it seems to be something that is amiss and probably is an easy (knock on wood) fix.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Yeah, it's not supposed to do that. Call Apple.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    sh0ewaxsh0ewax Posts: 114member
    Is it big enough to see visibly? Pictures?

I can completely see how it would be annoying tho...