iPod and it's warranty

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
hello!

i am thinking of purchasing new iPod 10gb. but i noticed that it only comes with 90 day warranty. does anybody recommend where i can purchase it with an extended warranty? i noticed an extended warranty service called "service net" from macmall. i do not know to how great that particular warranty is, and if someone has a better preference. i am usually a devoted purchaser of applecare and i guess they don't offer it for ipod. thank you for any information and suggestions. have a great day!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    There was a thread at <a href="http://www.ipodhacks.com"; target="_blank">www.ipodhacks.com</a> a while back about purchasing extended warranties. Basically, most CompUSA stores will sell you an extended warranty through their corporation even if you didn't buy the iPod there. It's for a three year extended warranty. It was something like $20 or $30 I think. You just need to bring your receipt from wherever you bought it. *Some* stores weren't doing this, but in the thread most people reported they eventually found someone in the store that knew wtf they were talking about...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    My Credit Card doubles the manufacturer's warranty.