Try before you buy?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am new to these forums but I hope I can find some help here. I am 14 and have been saving money for a new computer for a year or 2. In around the last 8 months Apple computers have really started to look like a great choice. Now aside from knowing which model to buy I want to know if a mac is the right choice. Is there any way I can just try a mac out for a while other than standing in my local CompUsa. Do places hold lessons so you can learn about it before buying, or can you rent them from a place just to see if you like it? This may sound ridiculous and if it is please tell me. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    If you have an Apple Store anywhere near you, go see them. They have all the goodies set up to try out, and are generally pretty knowledgeable.

Local Mac User Groups may be able to help you as well - I'm sure someone would love to walk you through how the sucker works, and it would offer you a way to have a local support group as well.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I second the Apple Store nomination. Where are you located? Hopefully there's one near you. If not, your best bet would be some crappy store like compusa or Fry's. I don't know what Fry's return policy is, but CompUSA isn't generous at all so be sure you get what you want if you do go that route.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Again, the Apple Store is your best option. Most branches have free training sessions on everything from Keynote to Final Cut Pro.

Of course, if you're at the point where you can ask yourself "is a Mac right for me?" then you're already an Apple person. Quit wasting your time and buy a Mac immedidately!