Cost of Crucial to Canada?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi all,

I'm tempted to up the RAM in my iBook these days, so I've begun comparing prices. I see that Crucial will ship to Canada for $US 13, which, even with the exchange rate works out to a price that is comprable to the others I see out there. But my question is this: how much extra (if anything) is added on in taxes or customs at the border? I'd be shipping to either Quebec or Ontario.

I see that murbot is moderating this. Perhaps he could share his wisdom with a fellow Canuck

(edit: if a mod could add a "?" to my subject line, it would be appreciated greatly)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    This page may help you out:

http://www.crucial.com/canada/canada_shipping.asp

Quote:

Our prices do not include taxes and tariffs.

Canadian customers will be assessed the 7% GST (Goods and Services Tax) or the appropriate HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) or PST (Provincial Sales Tax) by the carrier when the order arrives. Please consult your local customs office or tax authority for information specific to your situation.

• Reply 2 of 4
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

This page may help you out:

http://www.crucial.com/canada/canada_shipping.asp

Stupid me. Missed that. So are those the only charges I should expect? GST plus QST/OST?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Hey dude.

You'll only be on the hook for GST & PST. I forget the exact details of my last Crucial order, but usually if things come from the US with UPS the delivery guy will take your payment for taxes right there, cash or credit card.

If those ****ing FedEx bastards get the delivery, you'll get a call from some dim broad in an office far, far away, telling you that you owe taxes on the shipment before they can deliver, like it's a major problem that you have caused her. You'll have to give a credit card over the phone to cover the taxes and they'll send it out to you the following day.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Hey dude.

You'll only be on the hook for GST & PST. I forget the exact details of my last Crucial order, but usually if things come from the US with UPS the delivery guy will take your payment for taxes right there, cash or credit card.

If those ****ing FedEx bastards get the delivery, you'll get a call from some dim broad in an office far, far away, telling you that you owe taxes on the shipment before they can deliver, like it's a major problem that you have caused her. You'll have to give a credit card over the phone to cover the taxes and they'll send it out to you the following day.

My sense is that you feel the extra couple of bucks it costs for UPS are worth it