Tell Bush what you think about his space plans

brbr
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
"The plan is entirely unambitious. With the utter lack of technological know-how we had in the 1960s, Kennedy proposed that man set foot on the moon by the end of the decade. Within 10 years we accomplished this amazing feat. Now Bush wants to maybe send someone to the moon in a little OVER 10 years? Give me a break. Let's get a fully staffed lunar base up and running in 5 years. Let's spend all the necessary money to fund the final stages of research required to make the carbon nanotube fibers that would comprise the cable of a space elevator.

Bush's plan is insulting to the collective intelligence and ingenuity of the human race."

Post your feedback here and send it to the president through this link:

http://www.moontomars.org/notices/contact.asp

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    I agree. The entire thing is half assed and utterly uninspiring. I'll definitely write something to them.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    This is a redundant thread.

Try the Space Policy in the 21st Century thread.

Here locky, locky, locky.....
  • Reply 3 of 12
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

This is a redundant thread.

Try the Space Policy in the 21st Century thread.

Here locky, locky, locky.....

That's not your concern. We have good mods here and they can handle it. This is nothing more than an IBL post and the mods a while ago told people to CUT THAT SHIT OUT.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    What good is space travel anyway? I personally don't give a rat's ass. I'd rather live in a country that had a 10% flat tax than a country with 50% total taxation that had put a dude on Neptune.

Until there's fusion power, space travel is a wasted effort.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

What good is space travel anyway? I personally don't give a rat's ass. I'd rather live in a country that had a 10% flat tax than a country with 50% total taxation that had put a dude on Neptune.

Until there's fusion power, space travel is a wasted effort.

Dude, do you realize what a tiny percentage of the total budget US Space Exploration takes up? With a little fiscal responsiblity elsewhere we could triple NASA's funding and still pay a 10% flat tax.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Let's balance the budget first... please?

Those damn tax and spend Republicans !

I agree that we should balance the budget, but its the Dems that are tax and spend. Don't put that on the republicans.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I agree that we should balance the budget, but its the Dems that are tax and spend. Don't put that on the republicans.

Yeah, the reps are borrow and spend but the point is NASA's budget makes up such a tiny percentage of the total budget that it is LUDICROUS to say "hey no more NASA until we balance the budget." That's like saying you should stop buying chewing gum once a week because you are 900 bucks short on your rent every month. It's not the fvcking gum that is the problem.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    I agree, I didn't say NASA was the problem. And I do definitely see your point BR. I want a balanced budget, but no way cutting NASA spending is gonna do it. It's gonna take cutting spending in social programs and pretty much everything else too. Smaller government usually = less spending. VOTE REPUBLICAN!!!
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I agree, I didn't say NASA was the problem. And I do definitely see your point BR. I want a balanced budget, but no way cutting NASA spending is gonna do it. It's gonna take cutting spending in social programs and pretty much everything else too. Smaller government usually = less spending. VOTE REPUBLICAN!!!

Dude. Republican in office. Largets government increases in the history of the US. Largest deficit in the history oof the US. Republicans are just as much a fundamental part of the problem as the Democrats. You are deluding yourself if you believe otherwise.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Dude, do you realize what a tiny percentage of the total budget US Space Exploration takes up? With a little fiscal responsiblity elsewhere we could triple NASA's funding and still pay a 10% flat tax.

Believe me, I'm aware. But when people start evaluating things by how much percentage they make up, nothing ever gets cut. Of course, a good place to start might be social security and public healthcare.

Vote Libertarian.

• Reply 11 of 12
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I'd bother with telling him what I think, except I realize he has no intention of actually doing anything. It's called riding the wave of enthusiasm from the new landers and making a political grandstand out of it.

The only "Bush Space Plan" I want to see is the one that sens *him* to another planet.