Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo at 6:00 PM CT

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
The title says it all (except for the day: Feb. 11th, 2004). Check out MacMinute for download info.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    But... but school starts at 6:00. Decisions, decisions...
  • Reply 2 of 38
    IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! At Macupdate I'm downloading at 190K so hurry up before people find out and while the servers are still fast. 8)
  • Reply 3 of 38
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Yup. Downloading as we speak. I'll take advantage of a university connection and then transfer it on over to my G5 at home.

I've found the Unreal 2003 demo to be a wonderful way to break up dissertation research. Hopefully 2004 will continue this fine tradition.
  • Reply 4 of 38
    My G5 fans are revving up just unstuffing the thing! Oohhh I can't wait!
  • Reply 5 of 38
    VT doesn't have it yet, but I prefer macupdate anyway.

but if VT was sharing the load, it might be faster over at MU \
  • Reply 6 of 38
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Wait! So It is out for mac! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unrealtournament.com doesn't reflect this.
  • Reply 7 of 38
    UT has got to be one of my favorite games ever.

2k4 looks amazing.
  • Reply 8 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

My G5 fans are revving up just unstuffing the thing! Oohhh I can't wait!

What are your G5's specs, and how does the game run? I've heard some bad things about performance.
  • Reply 9 of 38
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

What are your G5's specs, and how does the game run? I've heard some bad things about performance.

I played for a few seconds of deathmatch on my single 1.8 G5 (everything stock) and it seemed to run smoothly. Running felt faster than in 2003, but I could be wrong. If someone could jog my memory about how to check frame rates I'd be happy to do so.
  • Reply 10 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Dual 2 Ghz G5

1.5GB ram

Radion 9800

7200RPM SATA hard drive.

Everything was smmoootthhh! Forgot to check the Frames per second while I was playing but "stat fps" works like in UT2K3. (hit teh tilda key and type "stat fps" and hit enter to bring up framerate)
  • Reply 11 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gabid

I played for a few seconds of deathmatch on my single 1.8 G5 (everything stock) and it seemed to run smoothly. Running felt faster than in 2003, but I could be wrong. If someone could jog my memory about how to check frame rates I'd be happy to do so.

To check FPS on-the-fly, just type stat fps in to the console.

To run an "official" benchmark, fist select the UT2k3 (or 04, I don't know whether they have them) and choose Show Package Contents from the Actions menu, or a cntrl click context menu. You should see a "Benchmarks" folder. Now, open the apple Terminal application, type in "cd", and drag in the "benchmarks" folder. Press enter. Now just type in the name of the benchmark you want to run, like flyby antalus, or whatever. REMEMBER TO INCLUDE THE FILE'S EXTENSION! Press return, and UT will launch.

It will then spit out the score at /Library/Application support/Unreal Tournament/ Logs. Drag it into Textedit to view it.
  • Reply 12 of 38
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Ebby

Everything was smmoootthhh!

That's a Radeon 9800 for you.

(Placebo stomps into corner, wishing he didn't have an Nvidia FX 5200 card)
  • Reply 13 of 38
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Well I guess I'm 2 hours too late to get onto those servers. I will say that torrentskickass.com have the torrent listed so that you can grab it faster with that. I know not everyone has BT, but if I was going to release software that I knew would bog down servers BT is how I'd do it.
  • Reply 14 of 38
    Single player mode is disabled and I get something about a 'problem with receiving pings from server' when I try to join a game. Boo hoo

I have a super-quick connection in my University halls and I've downed my firewall for the affair. What could be wrong? Is anyone else having difficulty joining a game?
  • Reply 15 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Well I guess I'm 2 hours too late to get onto those servers. I will say that torrentskickass.com have the torrent listed so that you can grab it faster with that. I know not everyone has BT, but if I was going to release software that I knew would bog down servers BT is how I'd do it.

Yeah, I got a torrrent going now, I'm upping at like 30k/sec(cable) but I'm only d/ling at about 10k/sec

it was faster on the macupdate servers

however, for some reason, on MU, it would only download like 20 MB, then tell me the d/l was finished, and I couldn't reload it.
  • Reply 16 of 38
    I have had 3 downloads stop part way through now - ouch - I would have finished the download by now if they didn't keep booting me off!
  • Reply 17 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

Yeah, I got a torrrent going now, I'm upping at like 30k/sec(cable) but I'm only d/ling at about 10k/sec

Where is the torrent file?
  • Reply 18 of 38
    See asterix's post
  • Reply 19 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

See asterix's post

ha - I'm a dork. They don't alias www so http://torrentskickass.com doesn't work. Doh!

Make that 4 times kicked off a download.

Wow - the torrent website is overrun even. I can't sign up for a login. Looks like I got in too late...

Ok- so that torrent site is totally overrun. Anyone got a link to a torrent file?
  • Reply 20 of 38
    Here is the torrent

http://66.98.132.125:2938/torrent.ht...95d80a5dfeca03

Give it a few sec to dl as the server hosting it is slow.

Frank_t

PS this URL may not work thanks to this forum doing something to it :-\\