re-install idvd

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I am having problems with idvd, so to reinstall idvd4, I trash every file associated with it? Then reinstall idvd 3, then upgrade to 4? Or just use the ilife 04 disc to install?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Before you go about trashing things and reinstalling, how about trying to diagnose the current problem?

Patient: "Hey, Doctor. My arm hurts. What should we do?"

Doctor: "Easy! I'll amputate it and reattach a new one!"

In other words, what kind of problem is there that you think reinstalling will fix? Could the root of your ills be somewhere else? Could a project be corrupted? Et cetera?

That said, yes, if you really want to trash it all, you can safely reinstall from the iLife 04 discs.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    Patient: "Hey, Doctor. My arm hurts. What should we do?"

Doctor: "Easy! I'll amputate it and reattach a new one!"

That was funny. The problem is with the encoding. when i click on the option to make it so it can burn 2 hrs. it doesn't encode, however, with the best quality (1 hr burning) selected and background encoding selected as well, it works. So I am being impatient. Maybe i will wait to see if a fix is released, otherwise it might be getting re-installed.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    so i reinstalled, same result. I ended up looking on the apple discussion pages. Seems like more than a few people are having this problem. I think I basically figured it out. You can't click the option to burn more than an hour of dvd, even if the video is less than an hour. It still just doesn't encode. I obviously got a messed up version. I am bitter. Hope it gets fixed.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    alright, this whole thread is my bad. I just didn't know that you had to insert a dvd and hit burn to get the process of encoding going. I thought i would still see a progress bar like you do with background encoding. I burned a 2 hr. dvd just fine. I feel sort of dumb, but Apple didn't really advertise this fact very well.