My iPod has been stolen

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
just switched to a new school, and this happens on my 6th day there. Went to gym class, neglected to lock my locker. Came back from gym class. my locker is open. My iPod is gone. and some cash. Things they didn't take : my cellphone, all my school work, a quarter, a lighter(they took the stuff you light )

I still have some of the accessories, all of them accept what was taken (the headphones, remote control and case were taken too) i still have the charger, and some other little things. So if you need replacements like the cord that goes from the ipod to computer, email me cause i don't need em anymore [email protected]

but this is apple outsider for a reason folks.

How about a discussion about theft. is it okay in some circumstances?

I admit, i take crackers from the soup station and the local grocery store. i guess thats a form of petty theft.

I can't figure out what it is that makes me feel okay about taking a few cents away from a large corporation, but not okay about some dumb kid taking a half grand out of my book bag. Its the same thing really.

Ever had your house broken into or something. Its an awful feeling after discovering that youve been robbed, not just the monetary loss, but like how could they!?

if you see a suspiscious ebay auction for a 20 gig lightly used ipod (i had it less than 2 months) and the seller is from ithaca ny. tell me please.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    i would like the case, earphones, and especially the remote control

sorry it got stolen though

that is really sad.

[email protected]
  • Reply 2 of 15
    theft isn't okay at all, unless it is a life or death situation. that being said, i steal occasionally, in terms of software specifically, and music

i plan to go legit as soon as i have the $$$$, but i don't, so i can't.

again, that sux about your pod.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Stealing is bad m'kay. But then again, if no one ever stole anything, we'd be a bunch of suckers.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Thou shalt not steal.

Especially somebody's iPod.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    i feel like my ipod is a part of me. if it got stolen i would die.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    You owned an iPod that you placed in a locker THEN DIDN'T LOCK IT!!!!!!!

You, or your parents, must have cash to burn
  • Reply 7 of 15
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

i feel like my ipod is a part of me. if it got stolen i would die.

Wait, that means you wouldn't post anymore.

*note to self: steal ipodandimac's ipod.*
  • Reply 8 of 15
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Somebody stole my heart once.

Badda bing.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Fry, inside you really do have the heart of a robot.

Bender: And inside I have the heart of a human *whips out human heart from chest cavity*
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

you dont like my posts? whats wrong with them?

*note to self: order and install tracking device*
  • Reply 11 of 15
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

You owned an iPod that you placed in a locker THEN DIDN'T LOCK IT!!!!!!!

You, or your parents, must have cash to burn

I know, I know, I'm a godamn idiot. But the school I used to go to, everyone would just leave all their stuff everywhere in the halls, nobody ever took anything.

And I didn't see anybody else in gym class locking their lockers. I had never taken a gym class before. (previous school didn't require gym)

sucks to be the new kid.

as for the cash burning part, i uhhh, work on a farm. the ipod was my christmas present. luckily my parents arn't mad at me.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    sorry to hear that child...

won't give you a good first impression at that school...

spend some extra time brushing the horses and watching the ice glitter on the bare tree branches...

g
  • Reply 13 of 15
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Hey, y'know, Walkmans are cheap now....you could make some kickass mix tapes. I did it growing up and it always worked for me. Didn't bother me in the least that I couldn't play 'em on my Atari 800XL. It did kind of freak me out when I dropped a backup cassette from my cassette tape drive into my stereo! whheeeeee-hheeeeee-hooooooo-eeeeeeee-yyyiiiiiiiiii-eeeeeeeiiiiiiiii

Just like techno.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by xionja

... I admit, i take crackers from the soup station and the local grocery store...

Well there you go. God is punishing you.

Sorry about that. Couldn't resist. Sorry about your iPod... really. I've had stuff stolen and it sucked. Theft is not okay at all.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Ouch. That's meant to hurt. Let's stop using our angry words and start using words that heal. Now, BR, please go over there and tell ipodandimac that you are sorry. Do I need to schedule a parent/moderator conference?