Best and Cheapest Bluetooth Celly

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
The title says it all, I do not want to spend a shit load of money for a phone, I mean, it is just a phone, but as long as my computer supports it, I should get bluetooth

so, hit me with your best and cheapest bluetooth enabled cellular phones, please.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Sony T610 seems to serve a lot of people well.

I have a Nokia 6600. It's a bit bigger, and costs a bit more, but has a lot more functionality (more like a PDA, although the phone part's still as simple to use as any other phone).

Amorya
  • Reply 2 of 7
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Nebagakid: If you want cheap, a Sony Ericsson T68i off eBay is the way to go. First phone supported by iSync. You can run that on AT&T's or T-Mobile's GSM network. I'm with T-Mo. Here in DC, and their coverage is surprisingly good. It have good coverage all along I-95 up to NYC/CT, my other stomping ground. Their cheapest plan is $20 a month. Good enough for me. If you want a new phone, you can get the T610 with T-Mobile contract pretty cheap on Amazon.

Escher
  • Reply 3 of 7
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    what should I consider "cheap"?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    I found my T68 (software upgraded to T68i) used for 140e about half a year ago. Has been OK. I haven't used it for BT/GPRS thought. The user interface sucks compared to Nokia 8xxx series, but those are too expensive and two of them broke down on me.

The T68(i) seems to be the cheapest thing with both BT and GPRS.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    The T39m is also another great option. I have one in rose white in excellent condition and may sell it for $95.00 US. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I bought a SONY Ericsson T68i on EBay for $90. I could have gotten it for about $70 if I had been more patient. It didn't matter to me. Turned out I needed to buy another SIM card for $25.

I spent another $10 for Salling Clicker software. This is really cool. It lets me control Keynote and iTunes and such from my computer. When someone calls me if they are in my addressbook then I see a big message on my screen that so-and-so is calling. Probably does other things that I haven't investigated.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by neutrino23

I bought a SONY Ericsson T68i on EBay for $90. I could have gotten it for about $70 if I had been more patient. It didn't matter to me. Turned out I needed to buy another SIM card for $25.

I spent another $10 for Salling Clicker software. This is really cool. It lets me control Keynote and iTunes and such from my computer. When someone calls me if they are in my addressbook then I see a big message on my screen that so-and-so is calling. Probably does other things that I haven't investigated.

i hear you can make it turn itunes on and off based on your distance from the computer (or if the phone is in bluetooth range)