Best warranty policy ever

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My parents bought me for my 18 a seat 19 years ago : the Sapper chair from knoll.

A piece of metal broked one month ago, and my seat was in poor shape (rear inclinaison). I contacted Knoll France (the local retailor do not exist anymore) and they send me for free without any questions the metal piece. This piece is reinforced compared to the previous one. Everything is perfect now.

Knoll are pretty expansive stuff, but amazing quality (the leather is in perfert shape like the first day). Congratulations for their warranty policy.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    wow thats crazy!

its just amazing that the company is still doing business... but to still keep the chair under warranty AND have spare parts for it 20 years after the fact...

its just crazy
  • Reply 2 of 3
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Knoll and several other furniture companies have their "classics" lines of furniture, stuff that was designed as far back as the 1920's and 30's and they still make them today. Manufacturing has changed only slightly for better mass production but the pieces are made of the same stuff, slightly improved.

Knoll and Herman Miller have more recently gotten away from designer furniture, especially Herman Miller, which is unfortunate. They still make the old stuff though.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Blackburn has a lifetime warrantee. I sent them a bike rack that had been beaten up but the weld broke. So they sent me a new one. I also sent them a broken pump and they sent back a whole new one.