DVD Studio Pro 2 (2.0.4)

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've been having problems with this software, and simulator/motion mode.

We're running a Dual G4 867Mhz/1GB RAM, .640 TB HD space, etc. Mac OS X Panther 10.3.2 .

There is also Matrox Beta drivers installed.

When you go into DVD Studio Pro 2, and you create a new project and then 2x-click a theme (with motion in the background) all of anything 'motion' goes black, and also doesn't transfer to a burned disc when that was tried. So all you see is the text, no video in the menus...dang.

wheww...does anyone know what's up, i've probably been looking through Apple's Documents for about 2 hours now...and nothing.

?

-walloo.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by willywalloo

I've been having problems with this software, and simulator/motion mode.

We're running a Dual G4 867Mhz/1GB RAM, .640 TB HD space, etc. Mac OS X Panther 10.3.2 .

There is also Matrox Beta drivers installed.

When you go into DVD Studio Pro 2, and you create a new project and then 2x-click a theme (with motion in the background) all of anything 'motion' goes black, and also doesn't transfer to a burned disc when that was tried. So all you see is the text, no video in the menus...dang.

wheww...does anyone know what's up, i've probably been looking through Apple's Documents for about 2 hours now...and nothing.

?

-walloo.

Have you moved any of the DVDSP files?

[edit] Ok, are you in the Basic menu mode? Do you have a custom settings, and basically what mode are you in?

[edit again] ok, press F1 so your in basic mode, or skip that, and just apply the City Cover Menu. Now once you applied the city cover menu use the motion button that is located in the lower right side of your menu screen. If it's not working your probably missing some files, but it should work from there, and in the simulation mode as well. I would trash the app, and break out your DVD Studio Pro install DVD, and reinstall the application if it's not working from there. Because the only way you would be missing files like those would be if you opened the application icon, and removed some of the content on purpose. It's an Apple application. All your files should be in the application itself not scattered all over your system.

One last thing to check is the application/icon. it's should be about 1.87GB in size.