Apple's website, right now

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is it just me or does it look like ass? First thing you see is rows upon rows of blue, brown and yellow Pepsi bottles. Then you look along the bottom - colored iPods, iLife (meh), iChat Beta (double meh, especially since it's so buggy), and some teenager with yet another Pepsi bottle.

It was way better when they had new product announcements, not all this iTMS crap. Yeah, I understand that it's important to Apple's continued success, but the site is so ugly now I don't know why anyone would see it and have any favorable feelings towards Macs. There isn't even a picture of any Mac on the front page! Back when the G5 and Panther were released, it looked cool with all those black backgrounds and stuff. Now it's fruity as all get-out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    Agreed. I miss the 'manly' Apple.com of the post-WWDC age. Nothing but G5 and 10.3 advertisements.

Apple's front page, in it's current state, could not be more unappealing to people with a technical background that are at Apple's website to find out more about Apple's products in the hopes of switching.

Terrible front page. Just nasty.
  • Reply 2 of 28
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    You people need lives. Stop bitching. It looks fine.
  • Reply 3 of 28
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Well, I'm pretty bored. I'm at work with nothing to do so I tend to notice things like this.
  • Reply 4 of 28
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    it IS a lot of real-estate spent on sugar water tho...
  • Reply 5 of 28
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

it IS a lot of real-estate spent on sugar water tho...

• Reply 6 of 28
    haha.. great
  • Reply 7 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dogcow

You people need lives. Stop bitching. It looks fine.

Bite me.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    Hello Pumpkintosh and welcome to AI...

How are things over at MacNN?

Anyway, I am not a fan of the Pepsi ad on their front page... They should keep it clean... no more sticky sugar water.
  • Reply 9 of 28
    The current page just isn't very Apple-like at all. So clunky and heavy handed. Surely they couldn've come up with something better. Hell, the point of purchase displays at 7-11 for this campaign are more Apple-like. Bad side of co-branding I suppose, someone ends up getting diluted.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    i actually LOVE the new front page, although i'll be happier when i see new g5's on it.
  • Reply 11 of 28
    my version of apple.com:

link

Mod Edit: changed to link. make it a max of 800 pixels wide please, or it ruins page formatting -murbot
  • Reply 12 of 28
    they changed it just for you guys, huge iPod Minis on there now
  • Reply 13 of 28
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno Is it just me or does it look like ass?

That's not always a bad thing, is it? Depends on who's ass you're talking about.

If you put a bunch of Pepsi bottle around Salma Hayek's butt, I wouldn't mind too much.
  • Reply 14 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

my version of apple.com:

link

Mod Edit: changed to link. make it a max of 800 pixels wide please, or it ruins page formatting -murbot

sorry about that...

all is well now--iPod mini's!!!!!!!
  • Reply 15 of 28
    ... with a countdown clock too.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    Its looks like they are redesigning it as we speak... None of the images are loading, and everything is really funky right now..

Check it out..
  • Reply 17 of 28
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Seems fine to me. And yes, the iPod minis are a big improvement.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by SCARECROW

Its looks like they are redesigning it as we speak... None of the images are loading, and everything is really funky right now..

Check it out..

everything works fine
  • Reply 19 of 28
    Wow, Steve really does spend all day cruising Mac message boards!!!

• Reply 20 of 28
    Haha, wow look at the Apple site. Either I am retarded or the iPod mini countdown is off by a day.