WTF is up with my BT???

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently bought an Apple BT keyboard and the MS BT mouse. I ended up bringing back the MS BT mouse after only a couple of days because if would lose signal frequenly, and worse, it would go absolutely crazy, acting as if the CPU was pegged (i.e. getting little response from mouse) yet in fact the CPU was at least 50-60% idle.

Further, when the mouse would do this, it seemed to be interferring with the keyboard because the keyboard would start acting the same way (i.e. I'd press a key and 10 seconds later see a response on the screen). The keyboard would only return to normal if I took the batteries out of the mouse.

So I returned the MS BT mouse thinking it was the culprit and got the MX900 from Logitech. Things went great for the last 5 days, now it's acting EXACTLY like the MS mouse was. I had to pull the batteries from it.

So WTF is going on? I've heard of many people that are using one of these mice supposedly with no problems. I've been religously applying every 10.3.x update as it comes out so I know I'm not behind.

I just want the damn BT functionality that was supposed to be all the rage when I bought my 17" PB

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Do you have the latest bluetooth firmware installed?

It might help if you don't.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I re-downloaded and re-applied the firmware.The firmware installer said my system was already up to date. I did reboot my system and now my mouse is playing nice, but I hope to get this figured out. I don't want to have to reboot my system every couple days to get the mouse to work, because then I might get confused and start thinking I have a windows pc again
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Is it an internal BT or external one? To update firmware it has to be eaither an internal or a D-Link external. I have a belkin and I can not update the firmware.

Macaddict16
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I have the rev A 17" PB. BT is built-in on that model.