Is Feb. 17th a Big Day?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Well, are new products coming out tomorrow?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

Well, are new products coming out tomorrow?

Well, we are all synics now, 11-0 in the favor of "NO" is telling.

Damn you Apple, spank us hard and make us believe.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    Courtesy of Think Secret:

Quote:

No G5 upgrades in February

IBM just announced its faster 90nm PowerPC 970FX last week, but Apple has had the chips for a number of weeks, sources said. Around Macworld SF, sources projected that the chips would show up in faster G5s sometime in the first two months of 2004, but sources now say not to expect any G5 changes during the month of February. While Apple's product announcement dates are often subject to change, sources believe this accurately represents the company's current plans.

• Reply 3 of 23
    Apple may make an announcement tomorrow, but I doubt it. Everyone that listens to the rumor sites is already waiting for the new gear to arrive, and those that don't will buy what's out now. by making an announcement before the Rev.B Macs are ready to ship, they're just making sure their existing stock won't move without big price cuts.

When Apple has the xServe out the door, and a 10-20 day supply of new PM's, they'll announce the new models. My guess is around the first of March.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    I wish, oh man do I ever wish.

Thats why I voted no. Cause it aint gonna happen.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    No announcements tomorrow. This week belongs to the iPod mini which will officially go on sale on Friday Feb. 20 at 6 PM (local time) at your favorite Apple Store.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

No announcements tomorrow. This week belongs to the iPod mini which will officially go on sale on Friday Feb. 20 at 6 PM (local time) at your favorite Apple Store.

And maybe a surprised iTMS announcement?!?! Come on apple, canucks need music to.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    I'm afraid Apple has run into tremendous roadblocks trying to expand iTMS outside the U.S. Much bickering amongst record labels-artists-song publishers-performance rights organizations and the gaggle of attorney's to go with them. Add specific taxes in each country and things are slow go. Not until summer I suspect. Remember it took nearly 2 years to get the U.S. store up and running.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Not only that, but outsourcing production of hardware to countries in another hemisphere means nothing comes out fast. Remember we heard Apple had 970 samples in late 2002, but the G5 didn't come out until June 2003... and didn't ship for another month after that?

I expect we'll see 2.5GHz PowerMac G5's announced in April or May 2004, and in stores by mid-June. There may be an iMac G5 and PowerBook G5 announced around Sept. or so, but I wouldn't hold my breath. As for the 3.0GHz... average blokes like us won't be able to buy one until 2005.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    tmantman Posts: 66member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

Not only that, but outsourcing production of hardware to countries in another hemisphere means nothing comes out fast. Remember we heard Apple had 970 samples in late 2002, but the G5 didn't come out until June 2003... and didn't ship for another month after that?

I expect we'll see 2.5GHz PowerMac G5's announced in April or May 2004, and in stores by mid-June. There may be an iMac G5 and PowerBook G5 announced around Sept. or so, but I wouldn't hold my breath. As for the 3.0GHz... average blokes like us won't be able to buy one until 2005.

OUCH!
  • Reply 10 of 23
    An extremely reliable source has told me not to expect new G5s until at least late May or maybe June. It seems that the US government has secretly ordered thousands of new G5s to be specially outfitted and used in extremely covert operations. This order has overwhelmed production of both the G5 server line and the upgraded G5 line.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Beige_G3

This order has overwhelmed production of both the G5 server line and the upgraded G5 line.

• Reply 12 of 23
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    No my friend No see the other future hardware poll named IT is pepsi's fault that is where you will find answers
  • Reply 13 of 23
    I can't see any new hardware tomorrow.

However, I can see some big hype on the iPod Mini now shipping, etc. (Mine shipped early this morning, and no big press release, etc from Apple yet).
  • Reply 14 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by PS5533

No my friend No see the other future hardware poll named IT is pepsi's fault that is where you will find answers

• Reply 15 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by oldmacfan

?you have confused me? eh i hate being from a northern state. if i was more in the middle of the country but this north i would be steryotipicaly*sp dumb
  • Reply 16 of 23
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    MacsRGood4U,

congratulations,

the misstress wants to see you after class for a special treat....

• Reply 17 of 23
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    eh?
  • Reply 18 of 23
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    he guessed the mini ipod thing right.....
  • Reply 19 of 23
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    well i was hoping for a PB speed bump (no chance of the PB G5 update yet IMHO) today, as i have to put an order in for a new laptop this week.
  • Reply 20 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Beige_G3

An extremely reliable source has told me not to expect new G5s until at least late May or maybe June. It seems that the US government has secretly ordered thousands of new G5s to be specially outfitted and used in extremely covert operations. This order has overwhelmed production of both the G5 server line and the upgraded G5 line.

If that's the case, then Apple must be in talks with many other manufacturers to put together their computers. Kind of the way they do with their notebook line - oh, wait, the problems there show that to be a bad example.