Little black box. (iBook freezes on startup)

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
When I start up my school's idiotBook. It only gets to the grey screen with the darker grey apple logo, then a little black rectangle with small blue squares and random red and blue pixels appears over the leaf part of the apple logo and it freezes there. Anyone know what is wrong?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Clearly user error. You do realize that iBooks are trained to sense the disposition of those in contact with it and will sometimes refuse to work if there exists hostility or contempt, don't you?
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by diabolic

When I start up my school's idiotBook.

Talking like that is not a good way to get people around here to help you. Also, this thread is in the wrong forum.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    Obviously something is messed up eh? Sounds like you need to boot it up from the System Install CD and run disk utility. Maybe the system got corrupt somehow, and needs a re-install. Since its a school machine why don't you just turn it in and say "fix it".
  • Reply 4 of 15
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Moving to Genius Bar.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    ah em...can anyone here help me with this problem?

Turn it in too whom? I know the more about this stuff than anyone in my school. I pretty much am the tech guy there.

edited for clarity. -alcimedes
  • Reply 6 of 15
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    sorry, this post no longer makes sense after the above was cleaned up. -alcimedes (well, that and it contained the offensive material.)
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Can someone please help this guy? He may not be nice, but it wouldn't hurt to slip him a hint or two. -alcimedes
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Friendly little fellow, isn't he?
  • Reply 9 of 15
    awww little diabolic wore himself out, he needs a nap.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Someone needs to give diabolic a chill pill. Where is Anders when we need him?

Diabolic: I think your gonna get that ban your asking for, beware of the mighty admin stick.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    there is some big problem with your laptop, rare, but since it's the school's highly possible Since you have no powers of your own to do anything to it, bring it to an office official or your teacher, they'll probably give you a new one.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Would you quiet down you're making us look bad.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Anyone here beat 6 foot? No? Then quit calling me little :-þ

Where is my ban?!?!? Ban me!
  • Reply 14 of 15
    I'm 6'4 \
  • Reply 15 of 15
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    diabolic, have you read through the FAQ at the top of this thread? it contains a variety of actions you can take to try and get your machine up and running again.