Bush+Draft = 2005

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Sooo my friends had class today and their teacher started saying things like "Bush is going to bring the draft back just look here.

Then they came back to me telling me how it's going to happen. Now I think Bush is a pretty poor president, and I think I won't be voting for him next year but that site to me seems like junk.... is it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    from what i've seen from that incompetent boob, anything is possible...
  • Reply 2 of 38
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    What a fine little piece of political chicanery this site is....does it link back to that site that SJO likes to use for her sources? Yes, what a brilliant campaign plank that would be "vote for me, I'll draft your ass". On the internet nobody knows you're a dirt-flinging campaign manager.
  • Reply 3 of 38
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    If there's any time for him to start a draft, it would be shortly after reelection. However, by that time I think we'll have Iraq under enough control that it won't be necessary. Of course, he might just start a few more of his vendettas against various Arab nations, and he'll need the troops. Plus, I'll be hitting the optimum draft age (20) just six months after the next president is inaugurated. I will not fight in Bush's wars though. If a draft begins, I'll do anything I can to avoid fighting.

I guess only time will tell. At this point we don't even know if Bush will get reelected. He might, but there's a good possibility that he won't either. It's going to be close either way, I think.

EDIT: That site is pretty funny. Strange that anyone would take it very seriously. Yeah, I'm quite liberal and anti-Bush at heart, but this is just stupid. I'd prefer to look at credible sources to determine if Bush really wants to start the draft.
  • Reply 4 of 38
    Believe me I assumed this was false and I was just curious if I was being pre-emptive in my perception that this site is full of horse shit. However if anybody had a decent argument to the contrary I'd love to hear it.
  • Reply 5 of 38
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.
  • Reply 6 of 38
    The only draft President Bush will be able to create in 2005 will be opening a window in his bedroom on his ranch in Crawford Texas.
  • Reply 7 of 38
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    OH *SNAP*
  • Reply 8 of 38
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Argento

Sooo my friends had class today and their teacher ...

So who is this "teacher". High school? College?
  • Reply 9 of 38
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    superkarate monkeydeathcar, the BURNINATOR!
  • Reply 10 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

So who is this "teacher". High school? College?

I'll give you 3 guess....College.
  • Reply 11 of 38
    Hum? I would have expected such stupidity from a high school teacher. What college is this?
  • Reply 12 of 38
    University of Minnesota Duluth
  • Reply 13 of 38
    Huh? So did s/he details by which this will happen? Or is it all in the web site?
  • Reply 14 of 38
    Website said those bills were about to pass, and then we'd be Iraq dying.
  • Reply 15 of 38
    Blah blah blah. Too bad the university faculty are helping to spread anti-Bush propaganda.
  • Reply 16 of 38
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    Why is it that liberal-minded folk feel the need to "educate" everyone else? People seem to think the world is their own private politics talk show. If I were in that class I'd be annoyed by her personal comments citing such an obvious propogandist site... pfffft. What a joke.
  • Reply 17 of 38
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    I've been waiting for this one. I was number 100 in the lottery right before they killed the draft. Trust me if the president wants this he'll get it.

I don't have any idea if this report is true or not but I don't find it that difficult to believe.

This is why I'm saying we can't have a second term for Bush. I'm sure he wants to turn back the clock on everything. Back to his perfect little 1950's world.

Hasn't he done enough damage?
  • Reply 18 of 38
    blah blah blah. The reaction of anti-Bush left is good for a laugh and not much more.
  • Reply 19 of 38
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Isn't current military strategy based on overwhelming firepower and tech. (see "shock and awe"), rather than massed infantry, making the draft obsolete ?
  • Reply 20 of 38
    Maybe but the only way to hold ground is to have a boot on it.