Proud owner needs laptop bag

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I did it. Spent a while in the Apple Store today and bought my first laptop, my 5th Apple overall. I took the leap (of faith and money) and bought the 15" PB with 1.25ghz, Superdrive, etc. I've spent most of the afternoon messing around with X since I was only running 9.2.2 on my old computer.

Needless to say, after all the great help from before, I decided to post again. This time, I'm looking for a laptop bag. One of my friends, who is a security guy for a major bank (and hauls his laptop all over) recommends Targus Rakgear, but the reading that I have done, says that it has a tendency to not be so padded for a laptop. I'm also finding there arent a lot of bags for the larger laptops, most interior pockets hold up to 14" machines. The other thing is that I have some long standing lower back issues so I'm not supposed to be straining/lifting blah blah (says the doctor!) But the better off the backpack is, the better off I will be.

I also want a bag that looks like a backpack, not like an over the shoulder bag for a laptop as I'm young enough to look like I am in college and would be carrying a backpack -- yet on the other hand I want the bag to be non-descript enough so that when I am travelling, attention is not drawn to my bag (and laptop!)

I know that is a lot I am looking for! Any suggestions? Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Congratulations on your new PB!

Here is a link to an Australian company - I think they ship overseas (they have some o/s distribution happening) and their products are strong as well as elegantly and thoughtfully designed!

Hope this helps.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Check www.willowdesign.com

They are going out of business so they are liquidating their inventory, but they made some nice premium computer cases (particularly for Apples).
  • Reply 3 of 6
    There is a very long yet comprehensive thread about this over at MacNN:

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=178702
  • Reply 4 of 6
    goincase.com is down at the moment for their laptop section, but they have some nice slim cases.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I have a crumpler, and really love it but there are two problems. Although it promotes staying closed, the velcro sucks because of how loud it is. Also the handle on the top isn't on the top, so that when you hold the back it puts it at a slight angle so that it's more likely to run up against your leg. At least that is the case with the model I have. But other wise I love it...I especially like the look.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    The Brenthaven ones from the online Apple Store are perhaps the best around specially designed for the 15" Powerbook.