ram with os x shuld i remove old old ram without putting new one ?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hello i have 512 ram and i have a 256 ram witch i think is makeing some probloms the qestion is if i remove it wont my os-x sink?

THNX . ME

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Just use OS 9.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! this is my soft spot i cant use os 9 my mac isnt bootable
  • Reply 3 of 15
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hack4ev3r

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! this is my soft spot i cant use os 9 my mac isnt bootable

It's just the RAM keeping it from booting OS 9. Apple's just trying to fvck you over by not letting it boot in OS 9. Just remove the RAM and you'll see.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Heh.

256MB is a suggested minimum for OS X - it'll be slower but it'll run.

Or maybe your Dad deleted another critical file.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Heh.

256MB is a suggested minimum for OS X - it'll be slower but it'll run.

Or maybe your Dad deleted another critical file.

not funny its sad once he accidently deleted my school work!
  • Reply 6 of 15
    but as i was EXPLAID the hardware isnt supported buy os 9 its not the ram so i gave up

stop being mean to me just beacuse i dont understand!
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Give him his own account, then he can't screw up yours.

One of the MAIN NEW FEATURES in OS X: multiple user accounts. Use them. You'll like it.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    im not a normal os-x user but how exacly do i do that? i bougth it with the system built in with admin/admin account only
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Click on the desktop to get into the Finder.

From the Help menu, select Mac Help.

Search for 'user accounts'. It will walk you through it.

Mac Help is your friend. Learn to use it, and you'll enjoy your computer a lot more.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    wow theres alot of intresting stuff here thnx!!!
  • Reply 11 of 15
    and about the ram shuld i remove it or shuld i suffer its slowness
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Folks, I think we just found the disconnect for this guy...

Yeah, that's the documentation that tells you most everything you need to know about how to run your computer. Check there first, and you'll save yourself a lot of time. We also have a troubleshooting FAQ here on AI over here, so read that as well if you run into something that Help doesn't cover.

Finally, if you have a question you want to post here, do so in Genius Bar - that's what it's for.

Speaking of which... *punt*
  • Reply 13 of 15
    cooooool im actuly starting to understand os-x now....

now my perents oh no... they wont delete my files any more but they know nothing about osx and dont feel like reading il try my best
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Teach them to use the Finder, and the new file layout system ("THESE are YOUR files... hands off everything else") and have Classic auto-launch for them on login. Then they can use their Classic apps to their heart's content then with a minimum of fuss.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Teach them to use the Finder, and the new file layout system ("THESE are YOUR files... hands off everything else") and have Classic auto-launch for them on login. Then they can use their Classic apps to their heart's content then with a minimum of fuss.

can i atlist put the os-9's file menu my dad dont like this file menu alot bahh