Multiple Interface Support in Core Audio

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
When will Core Audio support multiple third party digital audio interfaces? Found out [by accident] that Core Audio only supports ONE digital audio interface with Logic Audio Platinum 6.3.3 and

M-Audio's Delta 1010's. You can use multiple interfaces [up to four] using ASIO with OS-9.2.2, but only one with OS-X 10.2x and 10.3x.

What's up wit dat? When do you think this will be addressed in Core Audio? Is it the System software that needs to be upgraded, the Logic Audio application, CPU hardware, interface drivers or all of the above needs attention to function as requested? Whatever you can find out would be most appreciated. Thought we could get multi interfaces working with OS-X. Bam. Not going to work. OUCH that hurt. They would never tell you that. You have to discover these things on your own. Boy it hurts BAD. Still using 9x to operate multi interface digital audio on the Mac with M-Audio Delta 1010's. Thanks everybody for listening. All the best!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Rumors say that we may see support in 10.4 but it's hard to say. I think Core Audio is being revamped a bit. I know Apple is adding mLAN support but not too sure if the changes you want have an opportunity to make it in the next 10.3.x update or not.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Thanks for your reply. How does one get things like this to Apple's attention? Seems pretty important with Logic being their flagship Pro Music app. Respect for you. Donnie D.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    check out www.osxaudio.com. I think they had some discussion on multiple interfaces a little bit ago.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]

Thanks for your reply. How does one get things like this to Apple's attention? Seems pretty important with Logic being their flagship Pro Music app. Respect for you. Donnie D.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/feedback/
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]

When will Core Audio support multiple third party digital audio interfaces?

What's up wit dat? When do you think this will be addressed in Core Audio? Is it the System software that needs to be upgraded, the Logic Audio application, CPU hardware, interface drivers or all of the above needs attention to function as requested?

Panther's core audio supports multiple hardware inputs with Motu DP 4.12...(many reviews on web have done it)and I called support (which i did before purchasing the crossgrade to confirm this)...

...sounds like something that hasn't been worked out in Logic...