new iSight firmware

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Check SW update... i just installed it with little expectations, and wow... my iSight seems like it got a whole new lens! the colour is mUCH better, clarity and autofocus seem much better... and white balance is now white balance instead of the old "lighter shade of blue balance". a great update... i'm impressed

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by sobelizzard

Check SW update... i just installed it with little expectations, and wow... my iSight seems like it got a whole new lens! the colour is mUCH better, clarity and autofocus seem much better... and white balance is now white balance instead of the old "lighter shade of blue balance". a great update... i'm impressed

My iSight now makes weird sounds every few minutes. Other stuff is improved.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    It seems like everything has a slight reddish tint to it now. either way, it's definitely more...erm...saturated in color. not too shabby.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

It seems like everything has a slight reddish tint to it now. either way, it's definitely more...erm...saturated in color. not too shabby.

Yeah... that's the only thing I notice.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Yeah, saturation has been boosted it seems. My colors definitely look way better. Overall the picture seems much sharper.

I work with a calibrated profile that has rendered the video from iSight previously to very dark colors and brightness, but now it seems like that's all gone away with.

Loving it. Great update!

Jante99 - That sound, is it just the auto-focusing that's creating that noise?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    and it makes cool effects.

• Reply 6 of 10
    The coolest thing about that picture is how it flips the text every other picture
  • Reply 7 of 10
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Is it now snappier? on capturing video? <----- Sorry, can't resist
  • Reply 8 of 10
    it works better with poor lighting now.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

it works better with poor lighting now.

It seems the same for me with low light. \
  • Reply 10 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

It seems the same for me with low light. \

As noted above, it has better color balance now. In low-light, everything used to be much too blue.